Reel in need of repair

MordenMike

Hi all,

I have a shakespeare fixed spool which has a knackered clutch, can anybody recomend a reliable reel repair workshop?

I am based in west sussex (not sure if that has any relevence though apart from saving on postage!)

thanks

mike

Hi all,

I have a shakespeare fixed spool which has a knackered clutch, can anybody recomend a reliable reel repair workshop?

I am based in west sussex (not sure if that has any relevence though apart from saving on postage!)

thanks

mike

Maybe Budgie can help with that. I believe he repairs and services reels. May be worth a pm in case he doesnt see this.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Can reels be serviced anymore other than a wash and grease ? Do modern reels have spares outside other reels ,i can only think of daiwa but even they dont carry much .at one time companies sold spare part kits to shops but i think thats long gone?

Most reels are imported rather than made here ,i doubt china bothers to cater for long term use when they can flog a batch of new ones at the same price as fixing old ones

The only place i can think of is mike millmans son

http://www.fishingreelrepairs.co.uk/main.html

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Budgie is now Dick Dastardly but he hasn't been about much lately and there was a recent thread discussing him being snowed under with work related to his business.

I tend to agree with Chesters1 about it being cheaper to replace budget reels than to repair them but I'll be keeping an eye on this thread because I have a couple of old Stradics that could do with a strip down and service by someone who knows what they're doing.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Budgie has serviced my shimano baitrunners. I also had a daiwa reel repaired and serviced - free of charge - by daiwa. I would certainly recommend both.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music