Eww gross little worm things living in my hood

Andy_1984

First off, I'm grossed out, I wasn't expecting to see them.

Secondly what are they and where did they come from :huh:

They have probably been there a long time and ive only just noticed. They are all living on the bits of the lid that has some moisture on them. All the little specks you see, well, most of them were moving too.

Going to thoroughly disinfect my hood tomorrow :schmoll:

The length of them varied from 5 to 10mm and as thick as a human hair.

Steve, where you at :P

DSCF2636_zps7dd8e602.jpg

weirdworms_zps2deb5ee6.jpg

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Nematodes, Andy. Free living roundworms. Harmless, but a bit icky. Many of them are parasites, but they would be living in your fish rather than in your hood were that the case. Funnily enough, I noticed today that my wildlife pond is full of planarian flatworms, interesting little things.

As above, nematodes!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

• 2 months later...

worms been gone for a while now, I removed all the gravel with the syphon in one go and no more worms and treated with de-wormer stuff :)

Really considering not having any gravel at all as in the morning when theres fish crap about and i feed them their breakfast the old crap gets disturbed and then sucked into the filter.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk