Hello from Suffolk!

Piperspruce

Hello all,

Thought I would finally get involved rather than just reading the posts of others! My name is Mark and I'm from Suffolk. Recently moved out Trimley way but have spent a few years pleasure fishing at various places around the Ipswich area (Suffolk Water Park, Bromeswell lake) so am happy to pass on my (non) expert tips and stories I've picked up fishing those two lakes!

Any advice about places to try Trimley way would be much appreciated too, I've heard about Gosling Farm and have walked around it with the dog but don't know much else, and I've found the website for Kirton Hall lake but haven't fished either.

My ideal day out is somewhere peaceful, scenic and quiet, not worried about what I catch and the size of the catch, I just enjoy the experience. So, that's the introductions over and done with, i'm looking forward to joining in with some posts, learning from you all and helping out others (if I know what I'm talking about!).

Welcome to Anglers' Net Mark. Glad to have you with us.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Slow for me. Lots of rain and temperatures bouncing like a ping pong ball. Going tomorrow (probably a river session) to see if the carp or catfish want to play.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Mark

Welcome to AN and you'll find a few of us Suffolk anglers on here.

Smile they said life could get worse, I did and it was

Another suffolk angler here who knows your area very well.

Goslings top lake is more of a runs water with carp into double figures and loads of small roach.

Bottom lake can be very hard - I know as I fish it a lot. It holds big fish which are very wary.

Kirton Hall - high stocked match water.

Ladywood in Nacton is taking members, there has been a problem but it looks like nature has taken its course. A very nice mixed fishery.

• Like 1

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Thanks all. I'm not familiar with Ladywood Rudd, is it a small water/club that somebody could go and have a look around or is it more private?

The bottom lake at Trimley seems a really tranquil place, not seen anyone fishing it yet when I've walked round. If you see a bloke walking round with a ginger dog feel free to say hello, it'll probably be me!

Ladywood in Nacton is taking members, there has been a problem but it looks like nature has taken its course. A very nice mixed fishery.

Would you know how to go about having a look round Ladywood, Rudd? Or who to approach to be considered for membership? I have read a few of your old posts this weekend and it sounds lovely, ideal location too. Thanks.

07847414998 Terry Evans

Go in to Nacton village.

Look for Home farm / Camila court (opposite side of road to school and post office).

Drive round the left of buildings, past barn, go into the farm and take a left (Lac sign), follow track to carpark.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!