Aqua Pack Camera Bag

glennk

Cheers Clive, sound advice as always. Im still thinking of the ewa case but at £150 its as expensive as a new camera but I dont see any waterproof cameras with the zoom capability of the lumix.

Glenn,

Waterproofing a camera is too difficult to allow the lens barrel to protrude from the body too far. They wouldn't be able to make a good seal.

If you are just wanting web images, not prints this is not a problem if you think laterally. The image size of a 6Mp camera is 3,000 x 2,000 pixels. The photo below is only 640 x 480 pixels......

P1010756001.jpg

Take an A4 sheet then fold it four times along the short edge and five times along the long side. When you open it up it will have twenty rectangles. Each small rectangle is about the same ratio as a web image compared to a 6Mp camera's image.

This means you can take a photo where the subject is a tiny portion, say around 1/20 of the whole picture, and then crop the subject out using Adobe or similar program.

It isn't the same for prints,but for your web site this will work fine.

Regards, Clive

'Obsolete' Olympus 720sw 18 months old, pics from last weekend. Photoshop to crop and unsharp mask applied. Resized to 800x600 pixels - will print to 8x10 quite happily from the original files (although I always tweak digital images before printing).

P7254044.jpg 400iso

P7264125.jpg 400 iso

P7274151.jpg 100iso

P7264114.jpg probably 400 iso

P7264137.jpg 400iso

Cost me around £150 new and has been hammered on the yak and by the kids - thoroughly recommended.

Edited by Mark Crame

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

• 3 weeks later...