Is this the perfect bivvy?

Peter Waller

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter Waller:

Here are a couple Newt. Regretfully I have no colour shots. A well decorated wagon is an amazing bit of folk art.

I've got one of those, in need of a little restoration however. I'll post a couple of photo's tomorrow....

Tight lines

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

quote:

Originally posted by Alan Stubbs:

My other half is seriously dyslexic... seeing the above reminded me that she told me the best dyslexic joke I ever heard:

2 dyslexic men talking to each other, one says 'Can you smell gas?'

The other replied 'Smell gas? I can't even smell my own name!' [/QB]

In a similar non PC vein Alan,did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic insomniac?

He used to lay awake all night worrying in case there was a Dog!

[ 11. February 2005, 01:45 AM: Message edited by: BUDGIE ]

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Wordbender:

Of course Lee's entirely correct. Try as I might, I just couldn't keep this thread on topic.   :rolleyes:  

I mean what IS the point of serious, dedicated anglers like my fine self giving all to the furtherance of the sport, when I'm surrounded by louts who simply REFUSE to take everything seriously, eh? Yes, Stubbs Minor - I'm looking at YOU boy!

It's enough to turn a fellow absolutely Waller, I tells yer! Now, I suggest you chaps either shape up, or ...um...er...jolly well take up embroidery or something. Let's have no more of this jocular shenanigans.

Yes, that's got 'em told and no mistake!    

I take plenty of things seriously Mr Wordbender, sir. Particularly light-heartedness!

Stitch that! You embroiderer, you!

Ah! A new collective noun. It's no longer a chapel of journalists, it's an embroidery thereof.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Alan Fawcett:

...............aww gawd i'm all bloody confused now   :(

Since when was that difficult to achieve!

I still have 2 text messages from you Fawcett! Sorry, you just haven't offered enough camels for the trade to go ahead!

BUDGIE:

Alan you have issues............serious issues        :D      :D  

Good job Newts fast asleep other wise this thread would have been locked by now!   :D  

I can't argue with that. Being caught in the crossfire between a piker and a carper is causing serious collateral damage! Friendly fire? Hahaha!

BUDGIE:

:D  

I often sit here wetting myself laughing over the stuff on here   :rolleyes:  

You aren't alone, that's for sure. I spent most of my working day chatting to you guys yesterday. it made what would otherwise have been very tedious into something really enjoyable.... serious issues notwithstanding

John S:

I've got one of those, in need of a little restoration however. I'll post a couple of photo's tomorrow....

Tight lines [/QB]

See, so an angler does have one! How many shades of green is yours decorated in then John?

My dad used to live in a Vardo - first a Reading wagon, then a fancy bow-top - before that he lived in a bender, which was basically a tent made of canvas stretched loosely over hazel limbs.

He's had a most varied and interesting life, my dad and he's definitely responsible for my 'feral' mindset. Neither of us are happy being cooped-up and we both need to be outdoors among what matters most to us.

Mind you, he reckons living in the Vardos and benders was hell at times. 'We froze in the winter, roasted in the summer and if the lice got in only burning would get rid of them.'

Not entirely the raggle-taggle romanticism you'd expect, I guess, but he actually lived it for real. He's a remarkable man and I'll tell his story one day, for sure.

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.