Spring fishing report, pond "Prylbychi" near Lviv city, Ukraine

stal1n

Companions: Viktor Shevchuk, Stanislav Beloschuk..
Weather: on Sutarday the weather was warm and very windy. On Sunday was rainy.
Water level: higher from normal for 80 cm.
Time: from 09:20 till 21:00 on Saturday. From 07:00 till 09:00 on Sunday.
Place: 5-th sector, here.
Catched: 58 crucians, 1 carp, 5 rudds.
Bait: maggots, worms.
Grounbait: my own.
Tackles: piker.

This was one of the best fishing in my life.
“Prylbychi” is a name of neares village at this big pond. This is comercial pond. And it is far away from my town about 270 km!

We arrived on this place at 08:30.
20130427_Fishing_Prilbychi_039.jpg

There we met our common friend Dima. He just had got a carp!
20130427_Fishing_Prilbychi_033.jpg

Dima said that nibble is really good and he already caught abot 30 carps.
At this moment his neighbor had caught another carp. This is he:
20130427_Fishing_Prilbychi_038.jpg

So, we went to our place. I had line Smart SLR 0.14 and hook Kamasan B983 №14. I grounbaited place using few baskets. After 15 minutes first crucian was caught!
20130427_Fishing_Prilbychi_048.jpg

Place where we were fishing was not so easy. Mud was below our foots, a lot of reed underwater at distance about 45 meters. So I had to fishing just behind it.

Nibble was pretty well. I caught a lot of fish And my friends too.
20130427_Fishing_Prilbychi_049.jpg

I was trying to use different baits: maggots, worms, bloodworms… But it doesn’t take a matter. Nibble was good using all of them
Here is my groundbait:
20130427_Fishing_Prilbychi_084.jpg

Some big fish ripped my line few times. After that I used special carp line. This was made a sense and I caught my biggest fish!
20130427_Fishing_Prilbychi_058.jpg

And here is process how I caught this fish:

My crew:
20130427_Fishing_Prilbychi_075.jpg

Typical crucian:
20130427_Fishing_Prilbychi_082.jpg

This is me with all fish:
20130428_Fishing_Prilbychi_123.jpg

And video:

Very detailed information is here on my blog: http://rivnefish.com/en/2013/05/05/prylpbychi-27-28-04-2013/

I'me sory for my bad English. Thanks for reading.

My blog about fishing reports http://rivnefish.com/en/

Guest 1lastcast

Stal1n,

My wife is from Kiev. Your English is fine. Great report. Did you weigh the total?

Phone

That wasn't gonna be my first question :huh:

Guest 1lastcast

1last,

I'll only assume it is a "when in Rome" situation. Doesn't appear the overall stock has suffered greatly.

Phone

Hi Phone It is for me and I am sure many others interesting to see how it's done in other countries, it's looks a lot like the same tactics and kit that are employed here and in Europe. I suppose it is a different approach to the States, and at a guess all that hard wear would be a bit strange to you?

Personally I much prefer the Rivers, and would like to see how they approach that.

When in Rome? Trouble is as far as Poland and some other countries the fish stocks have suffered greatly from the taking of fish for the pot, and certainly when the Eastern Europeans fish our Rivers and Lakes it is a temptation for them to do as they do in the 'Old Country'. However with that and the Otter /Cormorant / Water Abstraction problems we face we do tend to be a bit precious about what's left.

To be honest a lot of EE's do ride roughshod over regulations, my local weir which is a good Salmon haunt is often fished by EE's in a inflatable despite the banning of such, and BBQ fish suppers is widely employed, along with long lines.

But by and large I find them good anglers and great company, I am not at all anti anyone, but I guess they should respect our laws too...

When in Rome.

Edited by 1lastcast

1last,

Absolutely local laws and customs should be adheared to. The few EE's that you are referring to make a bad name for the lot of them. Stal1n was/is fishing in a Ukrainian pond just a few miles from Poland. I'm impressed that he even mentions C&R.

As for America, I have to admit I'm sometimes ashamed. Not just with fish but with our stewardship in all of nature. We, generally speaking, have no idea how lucky North America is.

"Euro" fishing, mostly carp, has caught on in the States. You would be surprised at the number of ex-Pats and they are enthusiasts of the first degree. In fact, mostly "overboard" by our layed back standards.

Phone

A great report Stal1n and very enjoyable English, thanks for posting.

Is that a Lada Riva I can see behind the tent?

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Those are immaculate looking fish. Very nice. I do enjoy seeing fishing abroad whether in europe or africa. It is just interesting so see how it differs or how it does not. Great stuff.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk