Configuring Windows updates - failure

Me again! Every 2 days I get a message that Windows is trying to configure updates. It gets to 15% done, and then says it has failed. It tries again 2 or 3 times taking 10-15 minutes in all, and then says it will try again in 2 days. It's happened about 5 times so far.

It's not a major problem at present, but could it become one? Is there anything I can do?

john clarke

• 4 weeks later...

manually download all the updates 1 at a time (a bit time consuming ) but it should be ok after you have done it

I had to do this about the 7th of may btw just seen your post today hope t5his helps

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Hi tench,

Any chance your using a Lenovo? Only reason I ask is I work for currys and am windows 8 certified and we had this problem with lenovoz manufactured before dec 12 (this will be on the side of your desk top) manually downloading updates is the correct procedure and this should fix the problem. Sorry about the lateness of the reply but feel free to ask any windows 8 questions

Cheers

Ian

www.prostate-cancer.org.uk Real Men Know About It

windows 8 certified?? is that some kind of Currys training?

OP have you headed to charm bar; and checked the shutdown options there; the two day message usually appears if updates need a restart and update shutdown instead of a normal shutdown or restart.

Edited by kirisute

Unfortunately there are a lot of what known in the trade as "box shifters" but there are guys and gals who do actually love technology and want to know all about it. I am one of them lol not going to claim to have the knowledge of yourself but I am still happy to help if I can

www.prostate-cancer.org.uk Real Men Know About It

Lol, dint mean anything by it...actually good to know that someone in suh a place dies have knowledge. That's why I asked was it curry's training or not....wondering if they paid for decent training etc.

Personally I've met more than my fair share of Microsoft Certified Engineers who can explain binary and CPu ratios and all manner of tech book crap...but ask them to diagnose a PC fault and they struggle to even find the ON switch!!

So...you played with Windows 8.1 yet?