Nero CD Burner

Peter Sharpe

I have Nero Burning ROM 5.5.2.4 ready installed on my pc, running on Windows ME. Has anyone else found it to be as troublesome and irritating as I do?

It looks as if there are many features which may or may not be useful; it's so difficult to find out. I now take it for granted that it will crash every time I use the burn button on a cd audio compilation. I now make a point of saving every index file, having previously wasted many half hours filling in all those annoying boxes, only to have to repeat it after the inevitable crash. When I re-enter and re-create the compilation with the index file, it will then usually start the burn, but behaves itself better if I use the File menu command rather than the Burn icon. I can absolutely guarantee that the program will crash when I eject the finished cd. It appears to have been released with no structured quality testing whatsoever. Extremely buggy and difficult to use, or is there just some trick that I don't know about?

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like spindle says , go the link and update..nero is okay..for mp3 burning I prefer Easy CD Creator 5.1(now updated to 5.3)..I dunno if you are dragging your files from different folders..if u are put all files u are gonna burn into one folder and drag folder down..are ur files all mp3 or maybe WMA files? if WMA files u need a plug in..Try Easy CD Creator I find it best for mp3 work..mind u every one has their fave...best of luck

I've followed Spindle's link, and I'm damned if I can work out which is the relevant upgrade. Most of the links seem to be for unexplained plug-ins (for what?). Does anyone know which one is the right one, and what benefits it will give?

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

You could always go into Google, and key in Nero +"crack file"