Nero CD Burner

Peter Sharpe

Peter

Go to www.nero.com.

On the front page, middle-right, see the box titled: LATEST DOWNLOADS

Click the top item in the box: Nero Burning Rom v5.5.10.0

On the page that appears you should have a list of six filenames, all saying nero55100.exe. Click one of those - there are two each for three countries - each one at a different FTP address, so if one file fails, go back and click another of the 6.

Download nero55100.exe and run it. If your current NERO version is suitable, it will upgrade your copy. It does work, I tried it myself last night. Any problems, e-mail me direct.

glenn_m_smith@tiscali.co.uk

Cheers

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks spindle. I will try later, as it will take me over twenty minutes to download.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Thanks for the link Spindle :D Last time I tried I spent an age downloading and then found out it was not compatible with my cd-rw!! This is!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

some burners will never "back up" protected stuff whatever software is used ,my old burner could only use raw sao? but my new one can use raw dao , nero is ok but the settings arnt easily understood for a few hints go here http://www.gamecopyworld.com/ (purely for research perposes ofcourse ) for the inner workings of the burning process and nero settings.

easy cd creator is ok for making cds of music etc but fails miserably for more seriose work

delete this if im being naughty with my links elton

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I downloaded the update from Spindles link and now it works perfectly. I was a bit confused by the two identical links for each language, but I opted for the top one. It's also quite amusing playing with the editing tools. The Laughing Policeman with full repeat echo will be great fun to play to someone feeling a little the worse for wear.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

The two identical links are actually the same file available from two different servers somewhere. If one server is busy or down, you can get it from another server.

And the different countries hold the same version of the software, it's just that downloading it from the country nearest to you is, in theory at least, a bit quicker.

Glad it works now!

I spoke too soon. It no longer crashes, but since downloading the upgrade, I can no longer play the resultant CD. There seems to be a particular problem with tracks 1 and 2. The first track always starts playing near the end, and the time always shows -0.01. I can sometimes play the other tracks by going straight to track 3 and then holding down the back button until it goes back to somewhere near the start of the track. With luck, it will then continue as normal. I have wasted several CDs, trying to ensure that there is no other fault, but I have established that it is definitely the program that's at fault. I've just about had enough. I think I will try one of the other downloads that have been mentioned.

[ 19. January 2003, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Peter Sharpe ]

Absolutely fantastic !!!!!!

I just bought a new burner which was not recognised by my version of nero :confused:

So a swift visit to spindles link and several megabytes later..........

Also that neromix is rather good once you find the mp3pro plugin for it.

IMHO nero is far better than EasyCD, more options, more control and less coasters.... even when your old burner was NOT burnproof :D

Well thanks again all for the links and stuff, problem solved before I realised I had one :D

I have now wasted nearly twenty blank CDs in trying to eliminate all possible errors. Since teh upgrade my CD player correctly recognises the number of tracks, but does not understand the information that tells it where the track begins and how long it is. It is really annoying, as I can't even go back to the unstable older version without uninstalling this unuseable upgrade. I'm fairly sure that if I uninstall it, I will no longer be recognised as a registered user, and will only be able to download demo versions.

I haven't been able to find another burner with all the facilities, and I resent ditching one that I have already paid for.

The Help files on the Ahead/Nero website don't seem to have been updated for several years, and their on-line support form continually crashes before I get to the end.