Cannon versus Nikon

nursejudy

That Judy is a bit like standing in the middle of Sheffield and asking which is best, blades or owls. You'll get a lot of people swearing by one and at the other, but the truth is Nikon and Canon both make excellent cameras and lenses.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

I'm a canon user but really there is very little difference quality was between them (I have got a nikon water proof compact but both my SLRs are canon) I don't particularly like the way nikon renders some colours (greens specifically) but thats about it and thats just a personnel taste issue not really an issue with quality.As Nick says both make excellent cameras and lenses (both are also well supported with 3rd party lenses i.e Sigma).

Edited by snakey1

just interested to see what everyone thinks

re Sony i had a lovely small Sony took some great piccys according to the folk on here

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

In fairness sony do some nice gear as well and I still have an old minolta diamge 7 that takes some nice pics although it only really gets used for IR photography as its hot mirror filter lets infrared through relatively well allowing me much shorter exposure times than if i was using an infra red filter on one of my newer SLRs

I have some mad money to spend was thinking of investing in a DSLR, is it better to buy just the camera body and pick your own lens or go for one that comes with lens

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)