weather

Jonah13

if it's not snowing its blowing a effing gale :(

all yesterdays preperation of bait revision of tactics to use etc etc all for nothing

got up this morning at 05.30 only to find 30mph winds... :mad:

I can handle most weather but i HATE WIND :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

moan over now reverting back to adulthood

[ 11. March 2005, 08:06 AM: Message edited by: Jonah13 ]

Have you abandoned your day out then? :D

Paul

i prefer the word postponed to abandoned

still sat at the window asking the God of wind to politely sod off.........if it drops by noon i'll venture out if not it's the pub followed by the box set of Phoenix nights or whatever happended to the likely lads to cheer this miserable old sod up :)

I know where you're coming from. Despite what some say about 'a bad day's fishing.....etc' if your heart's not in it you'll probably end up packing in early anyhow.

Paul

I am just going fishing now after finishing work. The wind does not bother me, the rain does. I am going on the Teme and as the banks are quite steep you can usually find shelter from the wind easily enough.

Paul

good luck seph, unfortunately the local stillwaters I fish at the moment are really open to the elements especially the dreaded wind :(

on a brighter note i just got myself a job :):)

It's getting a bit boring now isn't it?

I would just like the weather to settle into one thing of another. I think this constant change is the worst thing for fishing.

I am off for a three day session tomorrow. We were going Roach fishing on the Test but we might have to change our plans if it gets any colder. I tried a while ago and the fish weren't really feeding properly. It was very hard to get anything going at all.

PeterK:

It's getting a bit boring now isn't it?

I would just like the weather to settle into one thing of another. I think this constant change is the worst thing for fishing.

I am off for a three day session tomorrow. We were going Roach fishing on the Test but we might have to change our plans if it gets any colder. I tried a while ago and the fish weren't really feeding properly. It was very hard to get anything going at all.

tres boring like you say the constant change is the bugger

up here in t'north the temperature is forecast to plummet again this weekend! zero to -3 deg real feel...

Went out yesterday and had a bag of 20 or so roach (best was 1-4) - it was quite chilly and they didn't come easily. Had to go down to a size 18 on a 1 lb hooklink to get the bites on single maggot. Might have had more roach if I hadn't lost a lot of time playing pesky carp that kept invading my swim. (Are you listening Poldark :D:D )

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I dont mind the rain or snow or any other weather condition............but must admit (regardless of if it affects the fishing or not)to disliking strong wind.It always takes away some of the days pleasure for me.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!