Win 8 problem

chesters1

check your sata cable first!

sat cables are awful things and will throw errors even if they only slightly have a loose connection...

this all sounds like disk issues rather than Windows 8 issues; so the cable is my first thought....swap cable if you can, and if you can also swap sata port and reboot

might also be caused by bad ram.....drop a ram chip out and test with just one stick

Its not just the main drive although it sees the image on my usb drive after 10 mins of trying to do a image back onto the main drive it comes up with a cannot find the image file report and sticks its fingers up.

Will try another cable i just find its strange it installs without errors then gets naughty

Cannot find how to do a memory test within the bios its seems there no long boot option

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

the image file from the usb drive will drop out as soon as you get to installing the usb drivers I would think...

don't bother with memory tests; just drop a stick out and test

where did the image come from? are you sure your actual image is clean? why don't you just reinstall direct from dvd?

I did do an install from disk the image was from that last night when it was working fine

Looks like its a wonky disk but trying to reformat C: under win8 i got a very strange error ,it wouldnt install onto the existing partition so i removed it then tried to reinstate it ,couldnt format it it came up with a error: 0xac91bc60

Which i cannot find online

It also said it couldnt install to an MBR disk only a UFI???? One ,this never occured sunday it went straight ahead formatting etc.

Strangely booting off the win7 dvd its fine with everything and touch wood is installing ,most queer

I thought the problem sunday morning was because i did an upgrade rather than a full install ,so sunday morning when it went tits up i formatted c: and did a clean install then last night when win8 was fully updated i did a image

When win7 has (looks good so far ) installed i shall grab the error text from drive e where it said it put one i think it was from its attempted repair but theres been so many i forget

Windows 7 didnt recognise kts product key as usual but i have lift off

Service pak (wink) going in

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson