Skylark on the nest

Worms

Skylarkonnest_zps3a332516.jpg

• Like 3

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Impressive !

Is that taken by a camera on a stand operated by remote control ?

or did you actually stalk it with a hand-held ?

either way, finding a skylark's nest is a real test of observation and fieldcraft.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Impressive !

Is that taken by a camera on a stand operated by remote control ?

or did you actually stalk it with a hand-held ?

either way, finding a skylark's nest is a real test of observation and fieldcraft.

That was taken with my mobile 'phone believe it or not!

Thanks for the compliments, It is part of my job at the moment...so I get paid for it as well.....I love my job!

• Like 1

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

• 2 weeks later...

I wager your beautiful spaniel pointed to her.

Awesome capture, nice one Nick :thumbs:

Cheers Sean, yep, Ajax was working like a Trojan that day but it was teamwork, I'd spent half a morning narrowing the field of search down!

Here's another one I took today of a different nest...they look a bit like flowers but those four bundles of joy are thinking I'm Mum! Now you see 'em...

20130528_141831_zps969ac31d.jpg

Now you don't!

20130528_161620_zps135a6380.jpg

Lovely stuff Nick; no pics cos I never found the nest - (didn't look too hard, I was expecting them to be schedule 1) but I came a cross a pair of Nightjar obviously sat tight at the nest-site while out looking for Dragons yesterday afternoon, the female flew up when I was about 10 feet away but the male waited even longer - I hadn't seen either of them before they flew, but was quite surprised at where they had chosen, right beside an overgrown woodland stream, it's definitely not somewhere I would have gone to watch them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty much the full set now!...presumably more eggs to come...

skylarkegg_zpsc88d05fb.jpg

Nest_zps4a781163.jpg