Domain name?

me

I use ACS Hosting for most of the sites I do (www.acshosting.net) - they offer lots of scope for expansion and good server side technologies at pretty competitive prices.

Have got nothing to do with them, other than paying them money for renewals. :)

Gillies

[ 01. April 2004, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: Gillies ]

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

thanks but i'm looking for something a little cheaper. I bought a url: www.nathans-website.co.uk from streamline-net and it wouldn't work i payed £26 for 2 years for it. But i tried to upload a website to it and it didn't work. I contacted them around 10 times and still haven't received a reply after contacting them 3 months ago. An absoulute rip off and a big con :mad: . So watch out for that website incase anyone is planning of buying a domain name from that website.

[ 01. April 2004, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: me ]

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

Ditto, Si

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Thanks a lot simon. I will probably use this one. The prices are really cheap! but what did you mean by 90% of the time. Have you had any problems with them?

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

Guest sslatter
me:

thanks but i'm looking for something a little cheaper. I bought a url: www.nathans-website.co.uk from streamline-net and it wouldn't work i payed £26 for 2 years for it. But i tried to upload a website to it and it didn't work. I contacted them around 10 times and still haven't received a reply after contacting them 3 months ago. An absoulute rip off and a big con :mad: . So watch out for that website incase anyone is planning of buying a domain name from that website.

Hi Nathan..

I'm sorry to hear this story, but keep your chin up- it ain't necessarily over.

If you paid them money to register the name, and they haven't done it, that is Fraud, pure and simple, with a capital F.

I think that three months is way too long for you to have waited for the Certificate that they MUST provide by law. So.. I think you should telephone your local Police Station, and say that you want to report a suspected fraud. You'll be asked to explain why, so have details and written notes etc to hand. Then, an appointment at your convenience can be made for you to see a Detective, and it'll be in hours or days if you want, rather than weeks. A Detective will probably ring you first to go through your story again on the phone (checking for timewasters), and then I think they'll take it up. If what you say is true, you could be one of many, and they'll take it very seriously indeed, don't worry.

Keep smiling mate.

I bought it around 2 years ago. But then decided to upload my website in January so i've probably left it too long.

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

Guest sslatter

<shoulders slump in total deflation>

Sheesh..okay..are they still operating?

Maybe one of our other anglers here can help?