Domain name?

me

Nathan - they did register your domain name.

an-nathans-site.jpg

The exact error when trying to connect

Directory Listing Denied

This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed

has two usual causes.

Error: Directory Listing Denied. This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

This error is caused by the following conditions:

- Directory listing (listing of the files in the directory) has been disabled

- There is no default page (index.html, index.htm, etc) to show

If you have a unique default page such as default.php or home.html that perhaps isn't on the list of default page, you need to tell the web server to load it as the default page.

[ 01. April 2004, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

me:

Thanks a lot simon. I will probably use this one. The prices are really cheap! but what did you mean by 90% of the time. Have you had any problems with them?

I meant 90% of the time to take into consideration for weekends, bank holidays etc...

Hi Nathan - Please clarify, you have bought a domain name BUT have you bought a HOSTING package?

Registering a domain name does not automatically give you somewhere on the internet to upload a site to, this reguires a hosting package account with one of the many companies offerring this service ( my reccommendation: click here for great value hosting )

I am using this company for my own pesonal site.

If you already understood all about domains, hosting and such then please forgive me and feel free to ignore this post :rolleyes::D ....but the link is still worth a look

Tight Lines

Colin

Or my favorite place for digging out all sorts of interesting internet information including whois for any domain is http://www.samspade.org/ where you can either do some stuff from their web page or you can download a full set of internet digging tools (free) and run them from your PC.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

One thing that annoys me about those domain "who is" thingys - is that if your silly when you sign up for your domain (ie - me) and put in your home address in full - your full home address in full is open to anyone whom known your web site address and does a look up.

As with every silly mistake I make in IT - I blame Bill Gates

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Gillies - most of the listings with full details are a business address and the owner is quite happy to have it available if someone needs the information.