Plans for the new river season

Anderoo

I learned to fish trotting on the River Lea in Harpenden and love doing it.

Haven't been down there in ages but was just thinking today I must go back and see how it is now. Had some great days as a teenager pulling out Chub, Roach and the odd Barbel and Carp whilst upsetting a few landowners along the way...

I actually love stick floats too, find them much nicer than wagglers but not really sure why...

The Thames is starting to look a bit better, but still not really moving much and is quite a thick green colour. The brown algae has gone though, so that's good. I can't believe the start is now less than a week away, I suddenly feel very under-prepared! Can't wait :) I think I will start by doing some trotting on one of the little tributaries, and wait for the Thames to recover a bit. I must remember to take some photos.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

The 16th is going to be a very rushed session now, having to rethink where I am going to fish as I have to be at work for 2.30am, hopefully be done by half 4/5ish, then got to be at home showered and ready to take the kids to the zoo by 9am then back in work for 9pm :(

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

Which clubs are you a member of Matthew? I think I may start to lose the plot if I don't at least cast a hook into flowing water soon! I have never seen anyone else fishing the stretch I now have in mind, although I know a couple of our members on here fish it, always good fora few small barbel and chub

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

I've got the browning revolver spinning like a dream, the purist is the making the tiniest hum, both spinning happily next to me at my desk. Which to use which to use????

a bag of maggots, a small bag of bits and some bread mash, a few big lob works and i'll be set.

got a new baby due this summer so going to have to make the most of the next couple of weeks.

tight lines all

• Like 1

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Do we go trotting or do we leger for chub? This is the question :g:

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."