Plans for the new river season

Anderoo

That's the plan but I'll be in Kent playing golf on the 15th until quite late so may skip opening day and start on the 17th.

Golf? I was thinking about giving the 16th a miss as well, but Golf? I can't imagine you in all this gear. Do you have vintage bats like you do reels?

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Golf? I was thinking about giving the 16th a miss as well, but Golf? I can't imagine you in all this gear. Do you have vintage bats like you do reels?

It's an annual tradition Mike, I've known these guys for nearly 40 years and every 12 months we get together for a couple of rounds of golf. The date was a bit inconvenient this year but the pre-match mind games are great fun and it's a huge event so I have to go, 16th or no 16th (I usually win the golf :) ).

It's been said that I look very dapper in my golf gear.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

It's an annual tradition Mike, I've known these guys for nearly 40 years and every 12 months we get together for a couple of rounds of golf. The date was a bit inconvenient this year but the pre-match mind games are great fun and it's a huge event so I have to go, 16th or no 16th (I usually win the golf :) ).

It's been said that I look very dapper in my golf gear.

Hope you are better at Golf than Snooker mate .....

I am staying aboard Sat night and will be having a go off the island Sunday

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Island? Which one be that then?

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Hopefully I'll find some dace on my travels, that would be nice.

I supose i'm lucky as I have some top dace fishing locally. I often say they bore me but I suppose if they weren't there i'd soon realise how much I do like having the privilege of catching em'.

I supose i'm lucky as I have some top dace fishing locally. I often say they bore me but I suppose if they weren't there i'd soon realise how much I do like having the privilege of catching em'.

They are in most local rivers here, but (as far as I know, anyway) only grow big in one of them, a small tributary of the Thames. When I say big I don't mean like the chalkstreams or some of the northern rivers, but up to about 10oz. They're such hard fighters for their size and can be so fast biting, I think they're fantastic little fish :) Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Island? Which one be that then

Mike we moor at Burghfield island on the backstream side ,welcome to come and have a try if you ever fancy it and that stream flows faster/deeper than the main Canal side one Steve

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Island? Which one be that then

Mike we moor at Burghfield island on the backstream side ,welcome to come and have a try if you ever fancy it and that stream flows faster/deeper than the main Canal side one Steve

That side stream does sound interesting Steve - good luck - can't wait to see Rusty in his tartan camo! M

Tactic change due to Anderoo`s weather update Barbell rod off front of boat spicy bait stuck on alarm lazy style sat indoors watching old B&W war movies with a pint of good old boy but if it don`t rain then the Sheffield may well get an airing