Plans for the new river season

Anderoo

Tigger is a blabermouth Tigger is a blabermouth ...although i am still unsure as to which Chris has bought it.

I have been scoping out some bits whilst afloat and walking sections to get the juices flowing and i want

Roach trotting with a hemp and Tare attack

1 of the big Barbel in a local bit of the Thames

Some of the monster carp that the prebait myself and Rusty are going to administer to a couple of spots

A boys own trip in October to track down some Perch dropshotting and hopefully get the yak out before then to try lure fishing the pools Steve

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I think it's because the Kennet has had time to settle after the deluges and should be in the best condition that I've seen during opening week.

Had a walk around last weekend - river looks in really good nick and the club have had the bramble munching machine out - some tasty looking new swims at C. ;)

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Steve,

Probably ruffe or small perch with little or no stripes(?). Wish I could remember better. Certainly not zander

Are you familiar with the location?

Phone

Had a walk around last weekend - river looks in really good nick and the club have had the bramble munching machine out - some tasty looking new swims at C. ;)

C.

Didn't know we had a bramble munching machine, that sounds really cool, when can I have a go on it? Thanks for that Chris, I will recce C this weekend.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Got a couple of days on the Wye planned at the start of the season, I'm hoping to start the river season by breaking my very long standing barbel PB of 8lb 8oz !!

after that I'll be back on the gravel pits cos my local river fishing is pants!

Mat

Mat

Sshhh...I told you not to tell anyone.

Same story here, for some reason I'm looking forward to resuming 'pin twirling more than previous seasons. I think it's because the Kennet has had time to settle after the deluges and should be in the best condition that I've seen during opening week.

Also I want to experience trotting with a cane rod so I'll be visiting a local collector this week to see if he has anything to tempt me.

So you've got it then...I knew you had ;) . Narrh good luck to who ever got it :) . I'm lookin' forward to watching my float float off downstream but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the weather puts the blockers on it...for trotting at least. I think i'll stay away for the first few opening days and let the stampeed subside, or i'll try to :rolleyes: . I'm enjoyin' my local tench float fishing sessions and have had some good one's. I had eight tinca's in a couple of hours session recently, countless rudd and perch, lost two more tinca's and had some large fishy creature on for several minuites before the hook pulled out...bugger ! The problem is this up and down weather and temp's, one minuite the fish are up and runing the next it's a none starter :huh: .

Like Steve, looking for some roach sport on the Thames with hemp and tares - very limited last year as to what we could do but it showed promise. Barbel off the Thames in the autumn as well as chub and a perch or 2.

The Kennet with the pin - to better my ratio of barbel to bumped barbel :-) - I cross the Kennet every day to get to work - and its absolutely sock on - I am getting a h*rd on just looking at it!

looking for some roach sport on the Thames with hemp and tares

...yeah I'll have a bit of that too! I've been meaning to try this for a while.

Mark W - in your experience, in the summer are the bigger Thames roach likely to be in different areas to where they spend the winter?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music