Plans for the new river season

Anderoo

Trotting - with a bit of free-lining thrown in for good measure.

Mike

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Trotting it is then :)

Had a wander Friday evening with the scythe and cut a path to the river in a few spots, saw some fry and chublets on the surface up to about a pound but no biggies. The river looks in better nick than last year, but thinking back we did have a drought last year, the river actually looks quite fishable although I reckon a day of rain on Thursday or Friday would just add a tinge of colour to it. I'm going to put some bait in Saturday evening and fish it sunday morning as early as I can get out of bed. Not long now :)

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

I just sorted out the trotting gear, the old pin needed a bit of a clean (last used in anger 3 seasons ago!) but is now sparkly and gt85'd, and I reacquainted myself with the lovely normark rod... Got a little tackle box of bits together... I think I'm ready :)

I've decided to only take the trotting gear and to just go where my fancy takes me, moving around different stretches and different rivers, and just having fun.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I just sorted out the trotting gear, the old pin needed a bit of a clean (last used in anger 3 seasons ago!) but is now sparkly and gt85'd, and I reacquainted myself with the lovely normark rod... Got a little tackle box of bits together... I think I'm ready :)

I've decided to only take the trotting gear and to just go where my fancy takes me, moving around different stretches and different rivers, and just having fun.

Well Anderoo I have tonight decided its off to ten mile bank probably Brandon creek. Don't expect too much as I think the deeper river sections will be a slow start but cannot avoid it. I thought I would leave them alone but the pull is just too much. May well have to give the broads a visit or two aswell.

Saturday night sleeping on bank for an early start.

John

Edited by John Weddup

Do we go trotting or do we leger for chub? This is the question :g:

We do both. First we go to the Kelly Kettle swim and ledger for chub with a wooden rod, then we take a short drive to another Kennet venue where the Harrison takes over and we trot for chub, barbel, dace, perch, pike, roach, minnows....whatever's there. If energy permits we then try for perch on the canal at dusk - looking unlikely that one.

That's the plan but I'll be in Kent playing golf on the 15th until quite late so may skip opening day and start on the 17th.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Yeaph, that's my kind of fishin' :).