Sleeping bag recommendations

Rob Ward

Many years ago I used to use a 58 pattern British army sleeping bag

Just googled them and you can get them from 29.00 to 50.00

They are graded according to condition with a 50.00 one being grade A hardly used.

You won't get a bag as good as them at them prices IMO.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

About £70 Andy.

Thanks Rudd nut would prefer something with bedchair fixings.

I have an Scafell double sleeping bag because of my size but I also use an old JRC fleece shroud which fit on my wideboy bedchair and I just let the overhanging down on me and keep me warm

But as you want something to fit on your bedchair (if my memory serve me right that you got the trakker bedchair?) then I suggest that you measure the length of the bedchair and also the width as well and look for the nearest tackle manufacture sleeping bag - but if I was you i rather go for a double shround - one on the bottom on the bed - fix and one on top - fix on one side only

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Hi Rob,

Have you considered using a thermal bed chair cover instead of a bag. I have not used a bag for several years now as I find the cover to be much better. I use a Gardener one which has retaining clips down both sides and the bottom for attaching to the bed chair which covers both options of which way round you sleep. The outer is both breathable and shower proof with a fleece lining. In colder weather I use it with an extra fleece blanket. Very warm and comfortable and no zips to get stuck. There are several on the market with the Trakker versions being popular but personally I prefer the Gardner version. A few to look at below.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC0&_nkw=bedchair+cover&_sacat=0&_from=R40

I already have one of those Paul, I use it with a 3-4 season rated bag when cold or when its too hot for the bag.

That looks promising Ian, are you doing that work party at the stillwater in Leyland next Sat?

I already have one of those Paul, I use it with a 3-4 season rated bag when cold or when its too hot for the bag.

That looks promising Ian, are you doing that work party at the stillwater in Leyland next Sat?

No Rob, but I might pop over though with a long stick and give you a prod if you start slackin' ;):lol: . Most of the work has been done on there so your in for a easy day....I think :unsure: