A Great Idea

Guest Newt

GOOD IDEA:

When you get those pre-approved letters in the mail for everything from credit cards to 2nd mortgages and junk like that, most of them come with postage paid return envelopes, right? Well, why not get rid of some of your other junk mail and put it in these cool little envelopes!

Send an ad for your local chimney cleaner to American Express. Or a pizza coupon to Citibank. If you didn't get anything else that day, then just send them their application back! Just make sure your send it back empty if you want to just to keep 'em guessing!

Let's turn this into a chain letter! Eventually, the banks and credit card companies will begin getting all their crap back in the mail. Let's let them know what it's like to get junk mail, and best of all.... THEY'RE paying for it! Twice!

This will also help keep our postal service busy since they say e-mail is cutting into their business, and that's why they need to increase postage again!

Guest Vagabond

Couldn't agree more - I've done this for some years now. I had thought of taping the reply paid envelope to the outside of a cardboard box containing a house brick, but I need the bricks to build a smokery. smile.gif

------------------

Vagabond

Guest danzante

Newt,

excellent idea, i'm gonna enjoy sending their crap back along with some of the jokes on here,

at least they'll have a good laugh about it smile.gif.

Danny.

Guest Alan Stubbs

Always take a leaflet if it's offered on the street. It keeps printers in a job.

According to Trade Indemnity, 10% of all the printers in the country will go out of business this year. A sobering thought isn't it. frown.giffrown.gif

Junk mail may not be wanted, but these people reckon a 3% return is good from a direct mail campaign. Much of the time unwanted mail is our own fault, somehow you've allowed your name to get on a mailing list.

Things are improving, as direct mailings are becoming more accurately targetted and you should get less invitations, for example, to

participate in a sponsored underwater uphill ski-ing tournament - unless you want to of course. smile.gif

That said - Make 'em have it! smile.gif

Alan

------------------

ANMC Founder Member

Guest paul mc
Originally posted by Newt:

GOOD IDEA:

wish i had thought of it before. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

------------------

Regards Paul Mc(ANMC)

Guest Ken L

Just get a solid fuel heater and sign up to every catalogue, distibution list and advertizing campaign that you can find.

Why pay for your winter fuel when you can get it sent by post for free ?

Chilly night ? a copy of the freemans catalogue should keep you toasty.

• 3 weeks later...