pole fishing

edd

Yes I think this should sort it. I have never liked putting my pole under the water especialy when a fish is running directly away from me as I have seen somebody lose the top 5 of there pole as the sections came apart. If the fish swims to the side then I just keep the pole low to the water so I can see exactly where the fish is at all times.

Good luck

Ant

Effort equals reward!!

I would suggest red hydro through a top two power kit, set loose. Fish 0.20 - 0.22 Straight through with a size 10 drennan star point if fishing soft paste.

When you get a bite a gentle lift of about 6 inches rather than a strike will help to prevent the fish bolting. With carp the harder you pull, the harder they pull. After the short lift, start to ship back smoothly keeping the pole low to the water. If the carp starts to run, keep low and put a very slight angle in the pole to elastic just to prevent the top 2 flying off.

Just follow the fish, it will eventually give up.

When you get back to the top 2, keep low until you feel the fish has had enough, the hydro will tire it eventually, don't rush it has taken me 20 minutes to land good fish but better to get tehm in than lose them. When the fish start to top then scoop under it with the net and try to get it first time otherwise you may have to let it run again.

All i can say is take it slow and keep the pressure gentle on the fish.

I have landed fish to 19lb on my pole like this and have had 14lb fish in the net in under a minute by lifting and shipping back, they often don't realise they are hooked, just don't miss with the net or they wake up big style.

Gary