back after a 7 year break

cockercas

Hi guys, ive just started fishing again after a 7 year break.

Ive picked up where i left off, same water targeting the same fish. A large ghost carp.

The water holds a small head of carp 5/6 large fish.

Just before i stopped i had caught 4 fish out of ther. All virgin fish 15lb/16lb/17lb and a 20lb 8oz common.

Had a dream last night that i caught a big common out of the pond on floating bread.

The mrs went out this morning so i went with rod and line and bread.

First cast 10min in to the session resulted in a 24lb virgin common.

Il post pics later.

• Like 1

Just shows you still have those skills after 7 years to catch a carp first time out on bread .....Well done

Welcome to the forum by the way :)

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

20130527_114948_zpsb99049b9.jpg

It dosnt look big in the picture, not sure if thats because my friend was stood up taking the picture and i was knelt down but i assure you tt is 24lb. Finger end to wrist is 8in for scale

Just been back now but missed the only take.

And you only get one chance in this pond.

• 2 weeks later...

A very nice fish, and well deserved by the sounds of things. Bet you were well chuffed.

Click here to Visit St Ives Tackle 

apple-touch-icon.webp

A perfect return to fishing :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.