So what have you caught a fish on....

Dave H

i've caught fish without rod ,net or gunpowder !.....caught with just the power of the tickle

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Once caught a perch on static sweet corn!

almost had a perch on my finger, seen a half pounder swimming about in a river so i stuck my finger in and gave it a wiggle to entice it. it did start to get noticeably excited and got closer as though it was coming for it but he swam away when it got to about 2ft, it musta been a 40lb pike closing in....

The most memorable was the perch that took a lure just about the same size!

post-7003-1181638375_thumb.jpg

I love perch they can be so comical.

then there was this. a first and a last:

post-7003-1310385227_thumb.jpg

You win! i remember that thread :) havnt tried it yet though :(

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

I'd forgotten about Phone's grapefruit rind challenge... I haven't started my tench fishing yet this year, I'll have to give it a go when I get a chance!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I once snapped off a pole rig mid river on some weed - only about 7 yards out and rigged a spare spool of 5lb line with a bomb and single eyed hook about 4" from the bomb and threw out the bomb by hand and wound it in using the reel, no rod. First cast missed the pole rig but I did get a 12oz perch that attacked the bomb so I hooked it. Seen a perch caught on a plummet as well with the plummet lodged in the perch's throat.

• Like 1

Anderoo,

Guaranteed blank. (or banana peel)

Phone

That's fightin' talk ;)

I will stick my neck out and say it will definitely work.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

The French make a type of sausage out of the hard end of a pig's gut (chitterlings?). Andouillette it is called. It is absolutely disgusting to smell. I have never ever eaten it deliberately, and I eat absolute anything! Bream and poisson chats go totally mental over it.

I've caught roach on glace cherry, and jack pike on a tutti frutti boilie.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

OK here goes...

I was beach casting off Dungeness power station with some mates. I had the pull and i was on but it went slack so i thought i had lost it. Then i was just tugging in this heavy mass. Being a power station i thought maybe glowing body as it was all in the dark.

Then strangely the fish was on again (crowd now gathering) then a big lump again. Eventually this object came out of the water. It was a sheep with a whiting caught inside it.

Apparently 3 miles along the coast at Pett level Sheep quite often fall off the cliff tops. So there you have it i had caught a sheep.

It was glowing a bit. Looked a bit like the Golden Fleece :whistling:

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon