So what have you caught a fish on....

Dave H

Dave , reckon the sheep that go in at Petts Level must get into difficulty while paddling -- There are not any cliffs there , I believe that is why it is calloed the Level , flat with loads of breakwaters and to the land side lots of drains.

The cliffs directly separate the level marshland from Hastings. They are placed on the flats and up on the hills. I have a caravan down on the levels. It’s re claimed land as Winchelsea was flooded and sunk under a great storm a few hundred years back. In fact the real city of winchelsea is about a mile out to sea. The cliff top used to be a prehistoric wood but broke off of which when the tide is out you can see the green today of which fossils are still found on the shore. It's a well known tourist spot.

The sheep at times now and again after a storm especially slip off the edge of that cliff . I knew the farmer as the caravan had been there 25 years and he had tried everything from electric wire but the storms just scare them. On the level i have seen toasted sheep from lightning strikes over the years. indeed one hit the concrete steps to the small caravan site. The tide extends almost out to Dungeness so a dead or alive sheep would get that far out easily. some have been known to wash up on camber sands but the dungerness point usually holds them or the break waters of Rye.

They are probably dead before they hit the water john so they don't have a chance to paddle. I have never seen one Paddle but will let you know if i do that's for sure..;)

Edited by Dave H

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

• 1 month later...

tined potatos

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur

with a bait drill and extra long baiting needle

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur

Anderoo,

Guaranteed blank. (or banana peel)

Phone

Fish and milk is poisonous too.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...