P*** are watching.

Andy Macfarlane

I'm glad the subject of PETA has come up on another thread. I wanted to bring these nuts to your attention.....yet again.... :mad:

Please read this carefully.

I hope Elton doesn't mind me talking about another forum but I feel it's important.

Myself and few others on here are also regular contributors to the TFG forum, which is basically a friendly sort of place, open to anyone, kids in particular.

A couple of days ago a chap called Bob Peters turned up ranting about TFG rods and how rubbish they were. He didn't introduce himself. Instead, he fired off on an aggressive rant about his lack of satisfaction and instructed folk never to buy TFG gear.

I don't have any affiliation to TFG gear but the tone of this chap's posts were vitriolic to say the least. Tony Coley wasn't present while all this was taking place so I did my best to calm Mr.Peters down and prevent any of the regular members from saying anything that could have resulted in a ban. Unfortunately, Mr.Peters opened the floodgates and a barney ensued. There were things said that I won't repeat.

When Tony came back, the forum has been turned into a battlefield and I didn't envy him for the amount of cleaning up he had to do. Tony did his best to calm Mr.Peters and handed out a few stiff warnings to all concerned. Mr.Peters seemed to have calmed down, as had everyone else....phew! This should have been the end of things.

A 'youngster' called Steven Ward soon joined the forum under the name 'Mini Matt'..how sweet. Steven claimed to be a fan of Matt's and he said he was looking to speak to the man himself. We explained that Matt does show up on occasion but for the most part, he'd be busy making the very programmes that Steven was a fan of. Steven seemed a little upset by Matt's lack of input and threw an tantrum.

Now it's not often that two people turn up on the forum with a gripe and the alarm bells rang. Tony did a quick IP check and guess what? Messrs Peters and Ward are one and the same.

Tony suspected PETA or a similar organisation were at work and made it clear to the Peters/Ward enigma that his multi-personality charade was up.

Clearly cornered, the Peters/Ward creature decided the best thing to do, was offend everyone, children and all with some very offensive language, all in the name of PETA.

The members of the forum were then referred to as c***s, killers, b******S, scum....etc, much to the dismay of our junior members.

Now I would like to say that Tony has done a superb job in keeping the forum clear of all such nonsense and so far, he's managed to keep the delightful Peter/Ward thing at bay, for the meantime.

I would like you all to take note. TFG is not the biggest forum to pick on and it is certainly not the first you'd find listed on Google. I typed 'Coarse Fishing Forum' into Google and you might be interested to know that our very own Anglers Net is the 4th listed coarse fishing forum in a worldwide search.

Now this has been said on numerous occasions. If you don't think these people are watching your forum, you are very much mistaken. If you think your thoughts and comments are not being taken note of, again, you are very much mistaken.

For the sake of this forum, other forums and angling in general, please think before you go off on a rant. The last thing we need is anglers sniping at each other, attacking each other for their chosen tactics and basically demonstrating that there are squabbles and disagreements within the ranks.

The antis may have been caught this time but I've said this before. Anglers are their own worst enemies. We feed these people with all the information they need to build a case against us. If you don't like livebaiting for instance, please don't attack anyone for choosing to use that method. You might just be giving these nutters all the ammunition they need.

We are supposed to be friends and we are supposed to be united. Please try behave like that might be true.

Thanks for your time.

[ 23. August 2005, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: Andy Macfarlane ]

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I've changed the title. Thanks for that... :)

See, now that's how to watch each other's backs.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...

Andy thank you for your kind words :o I think -the attack was motivated by Matt's profile, I think they are trying to smear his good name it's good to know the only gripes about TFG gear are fake gripes :) Thanks also for taking the time to draw this to the other forums attention.

Finally I would just like to thank Martyn Lloyd (Severn Wolf) for his hard work whilst I was away lucky for me he was there in the thick of it yesterday when they kicked off. I feel Mart deserves more credit than he gets I threw him in at the deep end and he has run things superbly at the end of the day we are co mods:)

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

Guest rabbit

Andy

Angling is not a secret society. If you think that we should not be able to talk openly about the sport we all love, then the antis have already won. We need to be honest and be able to disagree if we feel fit. If I think keepnets are unsuitable for barbel I will say so, We have to legislate ourselves, and if we give the antis less of an excuse to attack us then fine. We unlike hunting have got nothing to hide.I believe that the majority of the public support angling and anglers, that is why I believe angling will never be banned because angling is for everybody.

I am not afraid of antis, so lets grow small collective b***s

Neil

Top post Andy, Good advice if we would all but see it.

Talking of PETA, I caught a snippet on the radio the other day about PETA complaining about an aquarium down south.

Apparently,they were unhappy that the aquarium were selling prawn sandwiches in the cafeteria.

They were disgusted & likened it to selling Poodleburgers at a dogshow!! :D:D:D

Priceless, they really are.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Rabbit, the difference is, you are more than likely a respectable, law-abiding citizen. The members of PETA are little more than active members or supporters of a worldwide group who are just crazy enough to warrant investigation by the FBI for numerous violent crimes, arson, theft, vandalism etc.

What you don't realise is that some family members of the TFG forum have spoken of venues they fish and suchlike on a regular basis. Something that takes place on here from time to time. If you had been present on the TFG forum, you would have seen just how threatening these people had made themselves and you might be able to understand why some members now fear for their own safety. Not everyone is a big man like you.

If you think keepnets are unsuitable for keeping Barbel in, then go ahead and say so. That is what this forum is for after all.

I'm merely suggesting that we watch how we present ourselves to these crackpots. Is that too much to ask?

I guess you also missed the news today. I guinea pig farm closed its doors today after a 6 year hate campaign by these types, who incidentally, grave-robbed the body of an 82 year old relative of the farmer in question. These people are dangerous.

By the way, I have b***s.

Click here for full story

[ 23. August 2005, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: Andy Macfarlane ]

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...

Guest rabbit

Andy

I am up to speed on this group and their criminal activities, I know of the guinea pig farm and the incidents with the grave robbing. In fact it is covered by my local TV stations regulary. You say we have to watch how we present ourselves to thes people, do you think they will take any notice on how we present ourselves ...grave robbers!!

I have confronted these people, they are anti every thing, they are not sincere about their so called concerns for anything. Including animal welfare. They want to indulge in civil unrest, weaken and they have won.