The answer is 42

Leon Roskilly

All,

Well - - it certainly isn't blue. Blue is 475 nm. It may well be 10-6nm gamma ray (which looks blue to carp).

Ayjay,

Tuesday minus 94 is Tuesday

Phone

When I was at school 6nm - 10nm was between the top of UV and X-ray. How can carp see photons at this energy when they would be blocked by the atmosphere?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

All is forgiven, but you are right in that many fish and birds can see colours and hues of colours that are outside of the RGB gamut of humans (and most other primates). I always have a chuckle at anglers wearing ammo designed to fool primate eyes whilst stalking fish.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/video/2013/jun/15/particle-fever-walter-murch-video-interview

Film editor Walter Murch's new documentary details the work of the team of scientists at the Large Hadron Collider in Cern. He tells Catherine Shoard about filming science, what lies beyond the Higgs boson and how the unstable nature of the particle means the universe could spontaneously end at any second

That is a little bit worrying. :(

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

All is forgiven, but you are right in that many fish and birds can see colours and hues of colours that are outside of the RGB gamut of humans (and most other primates). I always have a chuckle at anglers wearing ammo designed to fool primate eyes whilst stalking fish.

I assume you mean 'Cammo' Cory , we're not in the US you know. :D

As to stalking fish, I think it's a good idea to wear something similar to your background, no matter what the fish can see. If nothing else it can give you confidence.

Wearing cammo, and fishing 70yds away, now that's different matter!

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Why worry about it Leon? If that happened, we'd all go, nobody to mourn, no sense of loss, and we'd probably know nothing about it anyway.

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

D

Why worry about it Leon? If that happened, we'd all go, nobody to mourn, no sense of loss, and we'd probably know nothing about it anyway.

......and even if we had some sort of warning, I would probably be still trying to catch that 2 lb roach up until the final whistle.

the universe could spontaneously end at any second

Well, that puts cycling to work to reduce carbon emissions well and truly in perspective.

....at least it is an improvement on what the hedge-priests used to threaten us with :-

"For He is coming, to roast the World, like a goose upon a spit"

and BTW, this is my first visit to this thread, so am a bit mystified as to why it is thought I started it. :g:

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

D

......and even if we had some sort of warning, I would probably be still trying to catch that 2 lb roach up until the final whistle.

If you did catch one Dave, I bet it would weigh 1lb 14oz! :rolleyes:

John.

If you did catch one Dave, I bet it would weigh 1lb 14oz! :rolleyes:

You're right, so the answer is not 42, but "Two ounces short"

Between us, we have just solved the riddle of the universe. :yeah:

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Vagabond,

Newt's to blame for you starting this thread. Leon just wanted to share.

As tor the mystery of the universe, it has long been known the answer is NOT "two ounces short" but rather two inched short.

Phone

Edit: sp

Edited by Phone