Go Outdoor fly fishing starter kit?

jack1432

A little bit of instruction can go a long way - might be worth spending £30 on an hour's tuition if you get the chance. Still, if you can put a fly where you want it, that's good enough!

The tackle shop I go to doesn't sell fly fishing gear, just the odd fly or too.

But it could be worth a shot.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and i'm not sure about the universe". (Albert Einstein)

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head, thats assault, not leadership". (Dwight D. Eisenhower)

"Some people claim that marriage interferes with romance. Theres no doubt about it. Anytime you have a romance, your wife is bound to interfere". (Groucho marx)

No, same problem here. The one in the town centre has a few bits of fly fishing gear, as does the one in Cirencester. My nearest tackle shop has none (not much at all, in fact, but carp fishing gear). Go Outdoors has more fly fishing kit than any of them and I suspect about as much product knowledge. If I want a proper fly fishing shop with knowledgeable staff it's a twenty mile drive to Orvis at Burford or for more choice a forty mile drive to Sportfish at Reading.

As a result, I buy a lot of stuff mail order.

Edited by Steve Walker

Jack

why dont you look at the Airflo Kits http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/airflo-fly-kit-9ft-6-7-line-p154003 as they offer value for money and will contain all you need to start fishing with a balanced outfit, the 9' 6-7# should meet your needs. Also get some casting tuition if you can it will stop you developing faults in your casting which will only casue you problems later on.

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Jack

why dont you look at the Airflo oKits http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/airflo-fly-kit-9ft-6-7-line-p154003 as they offer value for money and will comtain all you need to start fishing with a balanced outfit, the 9' 6-7# should meet your needs. Also get some casting tuition if you can it will stop you developing faults in your casting which will only casue you problems later on.

Tony

You know what Tony, I might just buy it :). I think I will buy the discount card for £5 a year then buy the pack so it's £65 instead of £80.

I'm a tight one me ;)

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and i'm not sure about the universe". (Albert Einstein)

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head, thats assault, not leadership". (Dwight D. Eisenhower)

"Some people claim that marriage interferes with romance. Theres no doubt about it. Anytime you have a romance, your wife is bound to interfere". (Groucho marx)

Jack

Even if you are a tifgt wad get some casting instruction check out your local Trout lakes many of them offer beginners days or free instruction, that will save you a bob or two both in the short and long term.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

• 4 weeks later...

I would second the airflo kits, very good quality for the money.

Try here http://www.stivestackle.co.uk/airflo-starter-fishing-p-1157.html

Seems a tad expensive where you are looking to be honest.

Good luck

Jack

why dont you look at the Airflo Kits http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/airflo-fly-kit-9ft-6-7-line-p154003 as they offer value for money and will contain all you need to start fishing with a balanced outfit, the 9' 6-7# should meet your needs. Also get some casting tuition if you can it will stop you developing faults in your casting which will only casue you problems later on.

Tony

Click here to Visit St Ives Tackle 

apple-touch-icon.webp

• 1 month later...

Ive recently taking up fly fishing, i bought a Ron Thompson evo concept fly rod for £10 from go outdoors and a shakespear reel for £15. good value for money if you ask me, defintly worth buying from go outdoors if you have the discount card. Being a begginer myself spending £25 on fly gear isnt too bad!

matt.

Theres only two days i like to go fishing, when its raining and when its not.

• 1 month later...

I would go for the Airflo branded fly starter kits. A good mid range kit rather than cheap and nasty.

have a look here at Airflo

These are very popular and all other Airflo lines etc are available individually.

Click here to Visit St Ives Tackle 

apple-touch-icon.webp