Are we cliquing up?

Newt

This is directed to the "oldtimers" on here.

Cliquing Up - as in only posting to threads from folks we know?

I just finished working thru the stuff on the Coarse section from late yesterday and today. Found several topics from new posters with no responses.

Time was there would have been at least a couple of "hello, welcome to AN" posts just to let folks know we are friendly.

The long, involved "alphabet soup" threads are fine but so are friendly greetings to new (or nearly new) posters. Otherwise the new posters aren't likely to stick around.

Rant over.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What - being friendly to new folks?

Nope. Elton pays us mostly for keeping the old timers from verbally attacking & killing each other. And a little for trying to keep all the language suitable for family viewing.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Elton pays you???????????????

You mean you get paid to be moderate?????????

Whatever next!!!!!!!!!

Colin [moderate to the extreme] :D

Newt:

Nope.  Elton pays us mostly for keeping the old timers from verbally attacking & killing each other.  And a little for trying to keep all the language suitable for family viewing.

Newt:

This is directed to the "oldtimers" on here.

Cliquing Up - as in only posting to threads from folks we know?  

Hi Newt, since the coarse section has been split up (session carp fishing) I hardly if ever bother going to the coarse section.

The Sea fishing and non fishing forums are quite enough for me and I think you will find that new posters are nearly always given a welcome (unless

they are accidently missed).

You are the expert, how about a flag or some such thing alongside a new posters first post?

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Whilst I agree with you Newt,there does come a time when new posters become just "one of those things"

Almost every time I connect there is at least one new poster and it would get terribly repetitious to keep welcoming them, I would have had to make about 2,500 posts just to welcome them all.

Having said that, here is a "welcome to all new and future posters"

:) Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I think what Newt is getting at is when the new posters have made a new post, but are not getting any replies.

In all fairness, this is not really anyone's 'fault' - it could be that the question is too vague, too specific or has been recently covered.

If I spot such a question, I like to post a 'Hi, welcome...' message in the hope that someone else will see that there's been a reply, open the thread and (hopefully) answer the original question.

All the best,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

chesters1 clique buster :D i can get a responce from old and new members ,infact 1 poster`s first post was a personal attack on myself ,i have noticed a certain cliqueness amoungst the founder members and newbies (i hate that term but it fits) such as myself :( but then it would be very boring if everybody agreed with everyone else

as for not getting replies we all get those new or not ,i try to answer anyones request for help new or old if i have knowledge of what they want ,unfortunatly "occasionally" i fly off at a tangent at times :( but compared to some american sites i am very tame indeed and hopefully only attack everybody rather than personally :D but then its just chesters1 and probably expected :( dave granger his owner even recoils in horror at what his ward says :D on occasion

[ 29. October 2002, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Newt:

Nope.  Elton pays us mostly for keeping the old timers from verbally attacking & killing each other.  And a little for trying to keep all the language suitable for family viewing.

Not much call for that nowadays?

Surely, a "Hello" from a moderator would make the newbies day?

Liam