Are we cliquing up?

Newt

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what Newt means. Strangely enough I was thinking the same a few minutes ago when I saw a question from a new member about Abu Reflexes and Flying Cs on the coarse forum. The only reply, despite the post being a couple of days old, was from Newt - that is until I added one. I'd have replied earler but I've been away.

Interestingly I posted something to the effect that you can only expect replies if someone can help. presumably in this case no one else could.

I make it a point to try to answer questions from new members. After all we were all new members once. However my apologies to any that I've missed.

I don't for for one minute think that we're cliquey. However, perhaps we can look out for these posts in future and welcome newcomers with a reply.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

quote:

Originally posted by Steve Burke:

[QB][/QB]

Hi Steve, I agree with you and if you would like to see how it works take a look at the Sea Fishing section :P

As I mentioned earlier, lets have some sort of signal/flag alongside a new poster, with the amound of traffic on here it is not possible to welcome all.

Even if we do not know the answer to the new posters question we can welcome and encourage them.

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Alan Taylor:

Alan Taylor:
Hi Steve, I agree with you and if you would like to see how it works take a look at the Sea Fishing section :P

As I mentioned earlier, lets have some sort of signal/flag alongside a new poster, with the amount of traffic on here it is not possible to welcome all.

Even if we do not know the answer to the new posters question we can welcome and encourage them.

While I am here, on the carp section, I have sent several emails to Gaffer and he has not had the decentcy to reply. What must new comers think if they are treated the same way?

I thought he was a friend :(

Alan

Alan

Newt:

This is directed to the "oldtimers" on here.

Cliquing Up - as in only posting to threads from folks we know?  

Rant over.

Newt, sorry about this but I think you are out of order here. I have looked at the sea fishing section, there are 2 new posters that have been welcomed and they have not had the decentcy to reply to the help/advice/welcome. This is not the first time either. I went through a years editions of a magazine to try and answer one question and no response from the poster.

Why should I bother springs to mind.

:P

While I am here, what is not going on with the ANMC site? Not one posting for a week now, we have the badges, is that it :confused:

Oh, yes I am a tad annoyed :(

Alan(nl)

On the subject of not getting a reply to a query.

Please remember that with less than 3000 people posting, these forums cannot have knowledge of 'everything'.

I enquired about one of my old school teachers once and did not get any positive response at all. You would think that a school teacher would have come into contact with lots of kids who later took up fishing.

Just because fishing is one of the biggest passtimes in the country, don't expect all the participants to be looking at AN.

Jim Roper

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

As a new member I've never felt so welcome! Thanks again for the assistance in 'getting started'. My wife thinks it obsurd but if I can only get her to come with me fishing. I have to throw them all back according to her. (less cooking for me) All in all a great site and plenty warm. I'm not one for instant messaging but this is much better than most american sites I have to admit. Cheers

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

Dvarcet:

As a new member I've never felt so welcome!  Thanks again for the assistance in 'getting started'.  My wife thinks it obsurd but if I can only get her to come with me fishing.  I have to throw them all back according to her.  (less cooking for me)  All in all a great site and plenty warm.  I'm not one for instant messaging but this is much better than most american sites I have to admit.  Cheers

Gawd no, I hope Elton does not see this

one :rolleyes: As for getting your Mrs interested, wait until the spring when it is a bit warmer, just a couple of hours at first and then treat her to a meal that she does'nt have to cook, nothing too fancy though.

Worked for me :D but then I am also good looking :P

Alan(nl)

Alan Taylor:

Alan Taylor:

As a new member I've never felt so welcome!  Thanks again for the assistance in 'getting started'.  My wife thinks it obsurd but if I can only get her to come with me fishing.  I have to throw them all back according to her.  (less cooking for me)  All in all a great site and plenty warm.  I'm not one for instant messaging but this is much better than most american sites I have to admit.  Cheers

Gawd no, I hope Elton does not see this

one :rolleyes: As for getting your Mrs interested, wait until the spring when it is a bit warmer, just a couple of hours at first and then treat her to a meal that she does'nt have to cook, nothing too fancy though.

Worked for me :D but then I am also good looking :P

Alan(nl)

Hey cut it out you two. Take the Missus fishing!!!!! I only go to get away from her. :D:D

Besides I'm not having her telling what, and how, to do things on the bank aswell, no, no, no, no, thank you. :D:D

Nugg - you mean you don't think the bivy is lots friendlier at night (especially in winter) with a little warm companionship?

Of course I'm assuming that no self-respecting angler would even ever consider having a bivy companion of the opposite gender to whom he/she wasn't lawfully wed.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President