Groundbaits for paste

mono

HI All.

New to the forum and have a couple of questions surrounding paste which i hope some of you could anwser for me please. I know you can use Swim stim groundbait as a paste but can you use any ground bait as pastes. Has anyone tried and if so what results did you have?

A number of venues where i fish BAN groundbait, I appreciate that the reason its banned is anglers balling in kilo after kilo but if you use groundbait as paste do you think you could justify that with the owner?

I suppose the anwser to the question is simply ask the owner.

Thank you in advance.

MoNo

If its too big i won't land it!

Hi mate,

First of all, are you targeting a certain species? There are. Some mixes which are aimed at certain species. There are a few different mixes you can make at home.

http://www.anglersmail.co.uk/fishing-tips/great-bait-tips-how-to-make-paste-for-carp/

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/coarse-fishing-articles/how-to-make-cheesepaste.html I've had great success with these two the past few years.

Sorry I can't help you with the swim stim stuff you get in the packets, but advice which has been given to me in the past is ask in your local tackle shop, I would also recommend this.

Hope this helps :)

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and i'm not sure about the universe". (Albert Einstein)

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head, thats assault, not leadership". (Dwight D. Eisenhower)

"Some people claim that marriage interferes with romance. Theres no doubt about it. Anytime you have a romance, your wife is bound to interfere". (Groucho marx)

Jack

Thanksfor the info. Will have a read through the articles.

I have used the swim stim groundbaits for years but never know you could use the stuff as paste. Its resonable expensive gear BUT an excellent groundbait imo ( Not paid commision from Dynamite baits for saying that i must add) :)

Money is tight this year as i became a dad a few weeks ago so trying to keep costs down on the one or two times i will get to go this year if my newborn son has anything to do with it.

Cheers

MoNo

Make cheese paste, and pellet paste and add swim-stim (never used it) if you want to.

Cheap easy and effective.

Congratulations by the way. My son Finn is 4 now and bringing up a kid's not as hard as it's cracked up to be, but you don't get as much time to go out as you would like. My son is taking an interest now so it won't be long before he is catching bleak, minnows and gudgeon. Great!

Mike

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Thank you Mike.

Cheap and easy sounds like the thing im after.

I hope my son Jacob will also take an intrest in Fishing also, Bit young to take currently but in a few years hopefully.