Cheap baits for carp,tench and bream...... etc

moonlight angler

I off fishing for a week or so and going to be fishing two venues......

the first is a couple of lakes which hold tench bream to average weights and carp to about 10lb.....

the other venue is a virtually unfished venue which hold lots of quality roach rudd and goldfish hybrids and crucians.... and the odd mystery carp...

just wandering what baits would be best preferably not expensive baits seeing as though im on a tight budget...

thanks.

the first is a couple of lakes which hold tench bream to average weights and carp to about 10lb.....

the other venue is a virtually unfished venue which hold lots of quality roach rudd and goldfish hybrids and crucians.... and the odd mystery carp...

just wandering what baits would be best preferably not expensive baits seeing as though im on a tight budget...

thanks.

worms and sweetcorn, either together in a cocktail of separately, the fish you list just cant resist them, cobblers to spending a fortune on bait !!!

I'd never go fishing without sweetcorn, maggot feeders work too. I pulled a couple of 5lb bream out of the Aire using it.

Spam works well for tench and carp in my experience, had a couple over 10lb on that. I also never use a meat punch, I've found they prefer the rougher chunks.

Only my experience, and that isn't vast!!

thanks.

Sweetcorn in frozen bags(cheaper than tins)and you can add your own flavours like mollases.Also try white bread,most species like it.

thanks.

I've just order some stuff from here, they seem to do cheap baits. check it out http://www.dragoncarpdirect.com/acatalog/bait.html - I'm just about to place a new order for their baits

This weeks Angler' s Mail has a guide to supermarket baits in it this week.

The way money is for most of us right now, I can see it being a popular source of bait for anglers.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

My personal favourite is Luncheon meat.

At this time of the year it can be deadly. Not just fishing with cubes of it...also use a straw or a big pen to make pelleted luncheon meat.

I often use luncheon meat pellets when fishing for carp. You can make these any size you want and also the fish can easily suck em in.

You can dust the meat with groundbait if you like to change the flavours... i luv it

Many species will take this bait..if the little ones attack it try putting a larger lump or pellet on.

Sweetcorn is good as it can be coloured or flavoured. But many carp are wary of this stuff as its been fished with for so many years.. AKA the yellow peril..

Maggots...You can catch basically anything on them from gudgeon,minnow to carp and bream,..

Bread....

paste is cheap to make yourself..also if you catch a good fish on your home made paste its more rewarding..

Peas and beans also cheap..never fished with them but i have heard they can be great..

thanks.

You could also try oat groats,a cheap alternative to groundbait,available from most pet food suppliers.They are very cheap and the species you mentioned,especially bream love em.Soak them in water a couple of days before you fish with some flavour if you like,they absorb alot of water,take on flavours well and double in size,no need to boil em.As with most small particles if you are fishing close in you can hand ball em in,further out you will need a spod.