Hinged Stiff Rig Boom Material?

chrislee342

Hi all.

I am looking at trying out the hinged stiff rig out on my local water. I plan to use the e.s.p ready made chod rigs as the hooklength but I want to know of a good line to use for the boom section?

I have heard differing opinions. Some say to use a super stiff material such as a flurocarbon. Some say to use a coated braid while stripping the section back where the hooklength is attached? I want to hear the Anglers Net opinion as this is always a trusted one. :thumbs:

Any tips and tricks would be appreciated too.

1 question i do have is how do people attach the hookbait to the chod hooklenght?? I have tried tying on a pop up with floss but seem to have a lot of bait falling off?!? Is there a beyter way to attach the bait or am i just tying it on wrong.

All help is appreciated guys.

:thumbs:

Can I have your bank account number and sort code please?

I used to use esp stiff rig fluro for this kind of stuff, using steam you can get it to stay straight or in any curve needed.

For mounting the bait I had 2 very small buffer beads and a tear shaped metal ring (all came in the same packet from esp iirc) Tie a length of the esp stiff rig onto the tear leaving a tag length of around twice the thickness of your pop up, slide one rubber bead onto the hook, then the tear with fluro attached then the second bead. Take your baiting needle and make a hole through your pop up, push the tag from through the pop up and pull it tight to the metal tear. Cut the tag close to the pop up and 'blob' with a lighter.

Hope this helps!

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

When I use chod rigs I thought of trying an elastic system , two mini rig swivels , length of 25lb hook link braid and silicon tubing. Use a long thin baiting needle - the korum stick baiting needle is ideal and thread on the silicon tubing slide it over the braid attach the mini swivels to the braid and then attach the silicone tubing over each swivel small amount of super glue to stop the tubing springing off and done , elasticated chod rig. Oh have the length if braid longer than the tubing , so it can stretch if needed I can post a how to on here ? I'll post a picture of it later if able too

Edited by Adam247

HONOR IS DOING THE RIGHT THING, EVEN WHEN NOBODY IS LOOKING ...

Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.

"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing and regret it for the rest of the day. So now i will do the opposite, and i will do something..." George Costanza