small river chub

chub chaser

cheers mate yeah i realised as soon as i took the pic with the rod in it so i moved it to some soft grass for a quick photo then checked it over an put it back.that was the first fish ive had for about four years and i made sure all the others were on soft grass or in my arms.i grew up fishing these waters and fish and have great respect for all fish especially chub.ive fished these local streams for about 20 years and have had carp to 12 but have seen much bigger.post-25778-0-94724500-1372160793_thumb.jpgthe fish after being moved to soft grasspost-25778-0-73149100-1372160879_thumb.jpg

Some nice fish there!

Unhooking mats are universally good things but arn't in my kit list for the creepy crawly tactics small river summer chubbing often requires.

The less you have to cart through stingers, brambles etc the better.

If you lay the fish down carefully as seems to have been done in the photos then I can think of absolutely nothing negative to say...

Lovely fish, was that freelined or on a leger?

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

Here are a few shots I took when I last went creeping about a small stream on opening day..

Chub swims for free-lining and two chub....

DSCN0575_zps14ad5f63.jpg

DSCN0568_zpsc32efa5d.jpgDSCN0576_zpsda4590b3.jpgDSCN0577_zps7cb29fe8.jpgDSCN0569_zps4228f85c.jpg

• Like 1

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Mitchell C.A.P. Wonderful small stream reel. Although a bigger stream than mine arbo, its my kind of water.

Nice chub, nice pics

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

A nice location for a bit of lure fishing. 20g rod and a number two Mepps and you're well away.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.