GPS tracking

Phone

All,

My 16 yr old daughter is going to Orlando FL for a competition. She has an Ipnone with GPS tracking capabilities. Does anyone know how I "do" it from my desk top computer?

Phone

Go to iCloud.com

Download findmyphone app on the iPhone. And turn on the find my phone option under iCloud in settings on the phone.

From the browser you can now access findmyphone to "track" her phone.

Just make sure she has the app downloaded and its enabled under iCloud settings on the phone.

You can also use any other ios device with the findmyphone app, log into her account used on her phone, and track her that way.

It depends on the iPhone as well certain modles don't support the app unless updated but just need her iTunes details and password

HONOR IS DOING THE RIGHT THING, EVEN WHEN NOBODY IS LOOKING ...

Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.

"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing and regret it for the rest of the day. So now i will do the opposite, and i will do something..." George Costanza

The thing with a web UI in icloud.com is Find My iPhone, not Find My Friends - but I think the lack of a Find My Friends web UI means that's the only option.

you wont track her iphone from find my friends...you would use findmyiphone to track its location.

Phone asked how to track his daughters phone when she is away...find my iphone via icloud.com is the way to do that.

there are paid services out there that do the same but findmyiphone is free; can be accessed via any iOS device and via a browser from mac or windows.

you linked to "find my friends" which is a different system; though similar; and has no browser based system

Edited by kirisute

Yep, exactly the conclusion I had reached.

It's an OK solution for Phone's situation, given that it's his daughter, but giving away your apple id and password is not a generally sensible solution. Shame that Find My Friends only has an iOS client.

well to be fair you should only be tracking people with their permission anyway! every GPS tracking website requires an app installed on the users phone to track.

if phone is anything like most parents I know then she won't have her own iTunes account anyway