F.A.C.T. Press Release

Elton

argyll:

OK Alan, I concede to your more rational view of the story so far. Perhaps I'm looking too far ahead to what I believe will be a disappointing conclusion and the fact that FACT (wish they'd called themselves something else) so early in the game are having to remind this government of  promises made. I am by nature a pessimistic (whoops meant 'optomistic') sort of bloke.......and then New Labour comes along and spoils things.

Ironically, I am rather glad that it has been necessary to remind the government of its promises. If nothing else, it proves to me that FACT are on the ball, and the tone of their press release seems to show that they won't simply roll over and let the government tickle their belly just to keep them onside. Within reason, I don't care how long they take so long as they get it right!

On the other hand, I look at Prescott's repeated inability to create an integrated transport policy (as promised) and I rmain doubtful as to wherther they can deliver the goods when it really matters.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Chaps,

Will they? Won't they? Same old story I'm afraid no matter who gets into power surely?

I trust the Tories NOT to poke their noses into country pursuits. That includes angling. I don't trust "new" Labour not to because they've gone and poked in theirs already.

Gerry is absolutely right when he implies we should fear certain elements inside the labour party as these people "would" change our rights and freedoms given the chance.

I "DO" actually trust FACT to look after our rights to continue to fish. 100%. Many would do well to remember I've actually worked with some of these people so know first hand their mind set on the really important issues. No problem there.

But this domestic labour mob are so fond of spin doctoring its very hard to tell the spin from the lets say, "steer us all away from the exact truth".

Everyone knows my stance on FACT being self funded by angling itself. Yes I know I rock boats and know I get up a range of politico's noses for doing so. But its not until we stand on our own feet totally united behind one banner AND are prepared to step up to the line and pay for it, will angling be strong enough to "demand" our democratic rights as the biggest participant sport in the land.

I'm actually passionate about my fellow anglers rights and freedoms to the point I risk ridicule and run the gauntlet year after year for saying things aimed towards making us all stronger long term.

So at this traditional time of the year when the new season is nearly upon us, a thought.

If I offend thee with my big gob in the season ahead forgive me.

Because I really did mean it!!

Regards,

Lee.

We live in different worlds Gerry. You have your opinions, values and spins. I have mine, they differ, and I'm happy with that.

So you and Charlie are comparing e-mails? Last month was it? Nothing surprises me. You appear to live in a very small world, sad really.

Don't expect a reply to this one Gerry. In the meantime I shall continue biting my tongue. Tempting though.

[ 21. May 2005, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Er Poledark

Yes, I have met several Politicians and the only one I called a lying scumbag was a lying scumbag, but in retrospect maybe I should have called him an "economical with the truth" scumbag

Regards

Dave

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

You dont have to bite your tongue, there are enough rogue politicians, debt collectors, thieves, murderers, rapists, parking attendants, lawyers, even estate agents if you like, at whom just like the rest of us, you could direct your bile.... at least we wouldnt be boring the pants off everybody else as we are doing right now.

Forums are not for settling personal vendettas with fishing guides or any one else for that matter. Heated arguments start and quickly finish over all sorts of stuff, but this particular campaign of yours has been going on on various forums for at least five years and most that know you are sick of hearing the same old stuff. Give it and us a rest and get over it, for your sake too.

My last word.

[ 21. May 2005, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

jeepster:

is it your place gerry, to quote from private emails that don't concern you?

Thank you for that Jeepster. Its neither nescessary nor worth the effort in defending myself on this one, but atleast you appear to have read between the lines.

FACT will negotiate/liaise/advise/consult, on behalf of angling and fisheries, with the government of the day, no matter what the colour of that government's politic may be.

FACT will negotiate/liaise/advise/consult, with the government of the day, whatever the political persuasions of the FACT representatives.

FACT will negotiate/liaise/advise/consult with the oppostion political parties.

FACT WILL NEGOTIATE/LIAISE/ ADVISE/CONSULT on behalf of the sport at all levels of potential influence.

David Bird