BMW's

doc_tench

quote:

Originally posted by Tinca61:

Car change time coming up in September so it's time to start working on Wifey.....She's still determined to get another Forester though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's some fairly decent performance Foresters about, particularly if you don't mind a grey import. 250bhp easily accomplished

I have already tried out the standard new XT at around 180bhp ( I think) and it was a nice enough car with ample power for overtaking etc. so I think wifey has decided already - If only they'd fit heated seats to five door WRX's then a lot more women would forget about the spoilers To be fair she uses the car day to day whilst I have to make do with driving it at weekends....a pleasant change to a heavily weighed down Discovery Commercial.

Paul

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

peter9000uk:

The ultimate tackle hauler has got to be the Audi RS6 avant. V8, 400+ hp and 4WD!

Pete

Check this out and prepare to have your mind changed. Pity it only has 4 wheels.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

anyone wondering why bmw have stopped pushing the german build quality angle ?

probably coz most of their cars are built in south africa :P

give me an audi anyday :D

You know those Unimogs can and still do get stuck...... Especially where we had it and next to impossible to get parts for them in the U.S. :D

I just bought an ancient BM (H-reg) in prestine condition. Any ideas how I can get more power out of it? It runs well enough but being a 520i and automatic well, it just seems a little sluggish (ok more like a slug) on hills. It can be fitted with a turbo but I understand this could cost more than the car is worth.

Probably not good for me though as I'm still getting used to the right hand drive.

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

quote:

You know those Unimogs can and still do get stuck...... Especially where we had it and next to impossible to get parts for them in the U.S.

You could get a Challenger tank stuck if you took it beyond it's capabilites. Mind you you'd have to be pretty far into the woods to get a Unimog stuck.... :D

Paul

The best car I have ever driven (yes I'm only 16 so I can't really say this) was a 4x4 All Wheel Drive double cab pickup that was built from scratch by my mate.

It went through places a Range Rover couldn't, and was nice to drive on-road and off-road.

Unfortuantely, there was one slight teething problem - it had a tendency to go through more oil per day than an Oil Rig!

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

quote:

But 4x4 Beamers are better!

aah, but I would imagine trying to push an X5 round a bend sideways could get a tad scary..

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields