river severn - bridgnorth

ellis88

can anyone tell me which parts of the severn close to bridgnorth are town water and free to fish. only reason i ask is last time i went there me and my friends werent sure if we were on town water or not.

cheers

SLAYER!!!!!!!!

No one is mate!!!!

The true town water is over the bridge and upstream by the new houses (right bank) Theres a couple of hundred yards of free fishing and some big roach to be had. Alternatively cross the bridge, follow the road to the left and park near the set back shops. Theres a lane down the side of them to the river, go downstream a couple of minutes and again, good roach area by the bush. Think thats free as well, I`ve never had to pay.

[ 10. February 2005, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Severn Wolf ]

wolf.gif

That spot at the top of the island is not too good a winter area unless you get a bait behind one of the arches, the slower water does hold barbel but watch out for shopping trollies, road cones, paving slabs.....etc.

As I`m not a regular down there I`ll suggest a spot. If possible get in the slow water just below the bypass bridge. You have to park at the bowling green and walk down. Its tricky to fish when theres anything on the river as the rocks get covered and the bank is not too angler friendly but as you get out over the shelf theres a lovely bit of deep stuff that the barbel definitely get into come the winter. Don`t disregard the shallower water either, with the way the winter has been going theres every chance a fish or two could have moved into it. I`d aim for deep to start with though.

wolf.gif