Opinions for a meeting tonight

kirisute

Guest I live in hope

Many carp anglers think it's cheating to catch off the top, the argument about foul hooking is a lame on, I never have.

In the past bait floating into swims was an issue....hence some kind if "within reason" rule.....the committee tonight is after some way of possibly suggesting a suitable amount of bait....ie 1kg of groundbait a day for groundbait usage....but how the hell do you decide on a suitable figure for surface baits?

Phil; interesting point....apart from the fact there are no rules at all stopping some retard happily casting his feeder across the lake and your swim!

And no ruling on the amount of non floating feed you can put into the water ( apart from a full ban on groundbait and boilies on the water).

It's a classic ****** knee jerk rule put into place by a majority of people who never fish in this manner and just don't like it!

Still, meeting done with, I have to raise the issue next meeting when more members should be present! Shame my vice chairman post doesn't hold more clout! Lol!

• 2 months later...

The exact same thing has happened on local club pond. I don't fish it much but it was nice to take a loaf of bread for two hours in the evening and catch a few carp that disappear during the day. I went last week and there are signs up saying "NO SURFACE FISHING".

I don't know why but can take a wild guess........... :rolleyes: Match-orientated committee took exception to baits floating down pond and spoiling fishing for others? I guess if people are firing in hundreds of mixers it's going to have an effect somewhere down the line but all it does it put people off fishing there. I certainly won't be bothering.

:rtfm: No Groundbait. No boilies rule already in place. Why? It's a small pond with silvers and a few carp mostly 3-9lb with the odd double. It's never going to be a mecca for carp anglers. 1 Rod Only. No night fishing (fair enough). So it's only fished by pleasure anglers, Dad & lads etc. Yet the place and car park is plastered in signs. :rtfm:

It's my experience that the kind of people who obey rules and signs don't need to be told how to fish and behave properly. Yet the kind of people who need to be told how to fish and behave don't bother reading signs or follow rules anyway!