If you make youtube videos...

TrevBoy

...well, good on you, as I really like watching them, for when I need instruction (often) and for when I want to fish by proxy when I can't get out (far too often)

However, please please please show us close-ups of the float or quiver tip - watching those is the exciting bit about fishing, and I hate when all you see is the angler rabbiting on then suddenly it cuts to the playing of the fish. Let us share "the moment" too!

[/rant]

Just taken a quick look, and first comment, which may seem like nit picking is use a tripod, especially for close up shots such as the reel, or the bait/controller, nothing worse than constant camera movement.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

I have a selection of both...im just too bloody lazy to cart them out with me...

they always seem to hinder the spontaneity of the situation; I like the swiftness of hand held. if that makes sense.

Well Kiri, you asked our opinion. Well if you were only trying to demonstrate the handling ability of that tackle on small to medium fish, caught at close range, then you succeeded.

I think you know my feelings in regard to that type of fishery, so I won't dwell on it. I do feel however, that the tackle you used would struggle on many of the waters I fish. Picking up the line when fishing 20+ yds out on the waggler, needs a longer rod, especially if the fish are shy biting roach, or similar. Quiver-tipping at any distance, for other than those 'tame' carp, would need a much more sensitive tip.

Although you obviously enjoy this type of fishing, it's not for me. But, each to their own, as they say.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Well Kiri, you asked our opinion. Well if you were only trying to demonstrate the handling ability of that tackle on small to medium fish, caught at close range, then you succeeded.

I think you know my feelings in regard to that type of fishery, so I won't dwell on it. I do feel however, that the tackle you used would struggle on many of the waters I fish. Picking up the line when fishing 20+ yds out on the waggler, needs a longer rod, especially if the fish are shy biting roach, or similar. Quiver-tipping at any distance, for other than those 'tame' carp, would need a much more sensitive tip.

Although you obviously enjoy this type of fishing, it's not for me. But, each to their own, as they say.

John.

true I did....but that was aimed more at the videography as per the OP's comment rather than the content or the methods :P

in response to your comments however...I just show what the rods can and cannot do....its down to the user to judge if they are viable for their type of fishery or fishing. :) but your right...they wont gather line up quickly enough at 20 yards or more..

but to be honest they are not aimed at the market of everyday fishing...they are aimed at the market of...having a rod and reel in your car or rucksack...

what I do is show the extremes of what you can catch and do with them...would I recommend you catch a 18lb carp on one? nope not really..but I can tell you it CAN be done! that's all! LOL

well how did you like my latest?

always keen to learn how I can improve my video stuff.

That's the sort of thing I mean, yes.

That said, I too am not keen on that style of fishing - like shooting stupid fish in a barrel - but as a video it is a good example of the viewer being able to share the excitement of the "hunt". Thanks for posting