Yank (ie. Bush) go home!

cramer-carter

There are a lot of misguided people in this country (UK) and in the rest of Europe who seem to be think that war is the worst possible outcome in this current situation. They are wrong. Appeasement of a tyrant like Saddam Hussein is worse than war.

We should have taken out Saddam twelve years ago but the politicians lost thier bottle.

Corydoras

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration"

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We should have taken out Saddam twelve years ago but the politicians lost thier bottle."

There was no mandate to take Sadam out last time....

And there's NO MANDATE this time either, so just where does Bush & Co, get the idea that they have a right to do so?

Theyre takin the p### mate !

We ALL have our own agendas.

It's just that somtimes we each lose sight of BOTH SIDES of the argument and get really ****** off with what we see as a one sided view that never takes account of the opposing view, when in fact we're doing exactley the same thing.

The nature of the beast I guess.

A bit like the man were having to deal with today, who runs a country where he has no compulsion about dishing out death like candy. His country has caused more deaths than most others in the middle east and in recent years has caused more of a rift in the hearts and minds of ordinary people that has culminated in the largest peace demonstration in history.

He makes no secret of his disregard for UN rules and defies others the right to make judgements upon him as the leader of his country.

Through his actions alone, he has now subjected his people and those of other countries around the world to a future of uncertainty.

He will undoubtedly bring about atrocities upon his own people in this forthcoming war, that he alone can prevent, but appears oblivious of the certain devastation such a war will bring to so many of his own people and that of others. If he fails to see the reality of his present actions in light of what is obvious to every decent human being on the planet, then none of us will be able to look to the future without the certain knowledge that we will be subjected to whatever retribution the people of the middle east feel we deserve for allowing this man to remain in power.

He must be deposed. There can be no delay in removing this man from office before the world suffers from his delusions and a thirst to be the dominant power not just in the ME, but a clear and immediate threat to the stability of the entire world.

I vote that instead of marching in protest of the Iraqi war, we band together as one nation of many nations on this planet, and call for the UN to give their unquestioned support in removing this man immediately before the world suffers any further atrocities due to his actions and secure the safety of our future and that of our children.

So lets' rid the world of this IMMEDIATE threat to our future safety!

BUSH MUST GO !

Thanks to yoxer for the excellent post above :)

I also find myself agreeing with chesters more & more, is there a cure for this? :)

Bush & Blair are looking increasingly desperate, they've been rumbled!!

They expect us to "Trust them" while all the time moving the goalposts!

UN resolution 1441 is aimed at removing Weapons of Mass Destruction from Iraq, not removing Saddam Hussein from power! Yet yesterday we have Tony Blair telling a conference that " There is a Moral case for removing Saddam " & it would be "Inhumane to leave him in power"... it would seem that there is a hidden agenda here, one that resolution 1441 does not cover!

After Sept 11th Bush declared a war on terror & promised to "hunt the terrorists down"... Bin Laden is still unaccounted for, no-one knows where active Al Queda cells are, we have tanks at Heathrow & the British population worried to say the least.

Some one please tell me how destroying Saddam/Iraq will prevent a terrorist attack on Britain/USA?????

It's utter nonsense!

There is no way of stopping the threat of terrorism, no matter who its from, but there is a way of stopping one source of threat, by removing Sadam. Otherwise you are leaving a man in power with the funds and an army of support. That is a recipie for disaster

[ 16. February 2003, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: Fishy Dom ]

"Carp are hard to catch in the winter, that also goes for the spring, summer, and the autumn"

"There is no way of stopping the threat of terrorism,"

No there isnt agreed , and just why do you think we have the threat of terrorism eh ????????

Would yoiu care to inform us of the threat of terrorism coming from Iraq ???????

Another message to those who advocate war on Iraq for the purpose of removing Saddam, taking control and development of Iraqi oil .....oh and of course, disarming Iraq of weapons that as YET no one has any PROOF that Iraq has.

"The UN resolution 1441 demands inspectors have unrestricted access to any suspected weapons site and the right to interview Iraqi scientists outside the country and without Iraqi officials present."

AT NO TIME has resolution 1441 mentioned ANYTHING ABOUT REGIME CHANGE.

So where the HELL does Bush get the idea that he has a LEGAL RIGHT to oust Saddam?

And more to the point, where the HELL do you warmongers get the idea that it's okay to support an illegal act against International law that amounts to nothing more than the grand mugging of a country's resources for personal gain?

You people are deranged if you honestly think that the sane people in this world are going to give support to such an obvious act of theft by war.

I don't know whether to roll around laughing at the obvious lack of intelligence that you people display, or **** my pants for the obvious threat that Bush is about to place on the entire Western world.

Either way, I'm not comfortable!

yoxer, it's obvious that you are passionate in your beliefs & I would agree with all of them, except this "I don't know whether to roll around laughing at the obvious lack of intelligence that you people display"

This is a discussion forum & others are entitled to their opinion, whether you or I agree or not.

I don't see that insults further our cause, do you?

Yeah your right Baldrick but no personal insult was intended . I am an ignorent person , I do not know the truth of this situation but this does not mean I do not know when I'm being fed a load of bulshit . I realise that others dont know the truth either .....so should we just advocate war because of a lack of intelligence ?????