3 hours and not a bite...

fishy_con

Im using a flat back method feeder with a hair rig. Fake corn on the hair with a no.6 shot to sink it im using a mixture of method mix and 2mm pellets on the feeder and offering the odd few bits of corn/pellets in between casts. Any suggestions would be very gratefully recieved ;) i did think about fishing off the top but its only aboyt 4-5 feet deep and i thought my bait would tempt them down that far

Connor.

In this heat the carp (I'm assuming this is what you are trying to catch) will generally just cruise around on the surface or just below in groups. So either a zig rig or a surface bait would be the way to go but don't expect any instant action, middle of the day surface fishing I find I'm waiting for the fish to bump into the bait and have a go at it rather than them actively feeding. You cant beat a massive bit of bread flake for that!

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

Have you got polarised glasses? They may not be right on the top, if the water is not completely clear you may not see them without, have you tried fishing in the margins? or tight to any islands.

There are so many things I've tried on days like this as I get very impatient and struggle to sit still, here's a couple of the things that have caught me the odd bonus fish:

A bait float fished about a foot under the surface, works well down the margins but will catch wherever the fish are cruising (boilie sized ball of compacted bread, snails if you can find one or two, slugs etc)

Half a pop up and half a boilie hair rigged to create a bait that sinks very slowly, cast out and feel the line for bites as it falls through the water (bites are unmissable as the carp grabs it on the drop)

Hope you catch something mate, I know how frustrating it can be!

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

3 hours and not a bite, I have gone 3 days without a bite :-)

• Like 2

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

I know, i know but that was my second blank there in a row, which didnt help when a young lad fishing there with his dad kept running up the bank to tell me about the 20+ fish he had caught from the other end of the pond :doh::( I think i might need fishing lessons lol what REALLY rubbed the salt in though was just as i was packing up a big carp started swimming around in front of my peg hoovering up the freebies i had thrown out... :wallbash: I am tempted to head back over for a couple of hours this evening to see if i can snag the same spot...

Connor.

I have never done very well with imitation bait in conjunction with a method feeder.

Pellet (8 or 6mm banded), S-pellet, corn, mini boilies or dead maggots (in no particular order) do the trick.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!