right of access

Two accounts ehh, is that legal?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Thanks very much snakey, is this the report bluedan is distancing himself from? It would be good to see anything of substance to challenge this report, I don't hold out much hope though. :thumbs: I note that the anglers within the report, where claiming damage to the beds, yet nothing of substance to back it up.

this bit is most interesting, the salmon use riffles during late autumn, winter, so that lets the canoeists off the hook on that one, followed by most course fish use plant to lay their eggs, while just the dace was used as evidence of using gravel to spawn. So this one report has enough as far as I can see to challenge bluedan to put up.

I also remember reading on the trusts web site their concern for disturbance of fish spawn by the canoeists over the gravel beds, This one report, certainly challenges their claim somewhat.

Most coarse fish may use plants to lay their eggs on, but I think if you look at river coarse fish that live in the faster flowing river that are relevant to this topic, I think that is far from true. Dace, chub, barbel,.... are gravel spawners.

As far as I can see canoeists already get a very good deal, better than anglers anyway. There must be thousand of miles of free navigable water and if they sort it with the land owners first (like anglers have to) they can go where ever they like, but they don't need a licence. Plus no closed season for them on rivers.

Personally I think people like Mr. Youngs and his friends already have enough opportunity to break the law and do how they please. Don't see why we should give them any more.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Most coarse fish may use plants to lay their eggs on, but I think if you look at river coarse fish that live in the faster flowing river that are relevant to this topic, I think that is far from true. Dace, chub, barbel,.... are gravel spawners.

As far as I can see canoeists already get a very good deal, better than anglers anyway. There must be thousand of miles of free navigable water and if they sort it with the land owners first (like anglers have to) they can go where ever they like, but they don't need a licence. Plus no closed season for them on rivers.

Personally I think people like Mr. Youngs and his friends already have enough opportunity to break the law and do how they please. Don't see why we should give them any more.

Wrong unfortunately Lutra currently only 4% of the English water ways are Navigable (unless of course you believe as some do that all rivers have a public right of navigation upon them that dates back to the magna carta and also to the wears and fishgarths act of 1472 and that has never been extinguished or repealed) and yes you do need a licence to use them (which is available as part of BCU membership or individually from the navigation authorities concerned)

this debate has gone so far, and also encouraged that it runs to more than a few pages.

I'm surprised the debate has run this far (6 + pages). I've skimmed through it all. A few offensive posts but nothing that I can get too worked up about (life's too short).

Nothing constructive about Benyon's lamentable efforts to bring the canoeing and angling factions together, nor anything tangable which explains why he is preventing me from paddling through his private estate on the River Kennet.

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

All,

Is this still germane to the topic?

""""The tidal reaches of many rivers, where the sea flows in and out of the mouth of the river, have public rights of navigation. Harbour authorities may have some control in these reaches. The Environment Agency has control over navigation for some waterways only, and will not become involved in disputes or give legal advice about navigating any other waterways.""""

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/31626.aspx

There is a world of information that "implies" boaters have public access to about 3% of UK waterways (mostly tidal). The rest is the responsibility of the 'riparian owner'

It looks as though, to me, the EA suggests this "owner" has full liability for accident or injury - that may result in death as a caretaker of an attractive nuisance. (namely the river).

Question - - - Would the land owner be justified in limiting his liability by limiting access?

Phone

Wrong unfortunately Lutra currently only 4% of the English water ways are Navigable (unless of course you believe as some do that all rivers have a public right of navigation upon them that dates back to the magna carta and also to the wears and fishgarths act of 1472 and that has never been extinguished or repealed) and yes you do need a licence to use them (which is available as part of BCU membership or individually from the navigation authorities concerned)

Am I? Whats 4% in miles? Used a canoe many time and never been asked to buy a licence for one.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

how come Scotland have appeared to have sorted the access problem yet in England it's all too difficult, can't be done?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Am I? Whats 4% in miles? Used a canoe many time and never been asked to buy a licence for one.

And I've been fishing hundreds of times and never been asked to produce a rod licence doesn't mean I don't need one though.

And I've been fishing hundreds of times and never been asked to produce a rod licence doesn't mean I don't need one though.

To use a rod and line to fish legally in England and Wales, you need to first buy a license from the EA. It isn't available as part of joining the A Tr (not yet luckily). You then have to agree access to a stretch of water with the owner, either directly, or through someone leasing it. This usually involves payment on a seasonal, or daily basis. Then they are required to obey national rules, plus, any imposed by those that control the water.

Most of the canoeists, I've spoken to/heard from, want to just buy a canoe and get on the water, any water.

Can't you see a difference?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Guest bluedun

Apparently rights of navigation are based on commercial need (as it was); there is no such thing as recreational need in England & Wales. Canoes must be licensed to exercise the right where it exists, with a small number of exceptions. Otherwise land owners apparently do have the right to refuse access to passage along a river where they own the riparian, just as they can refuse permission to fish.