right of access

No anglers damage the waters I fish, although certain anglers probably don't care what damage they do, sea anglers especially in my experience.

brilliant hole digging, evidence based especially on your experience, show us some then.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Interesting perspective Phone. The english anglers are portrayed as the long bow archers at Crecy and Agincourt.... almost as if they were under attack by someone ....

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

For the record, the pic was taken in Nov 2012 on land owned by the Ketteringham family in Costessey, Norfolk. It's posted on their side of the river, but they don't own both banks. They're just trying to impose their intolerant agenda irrespective of the views of adjacent landowners or other taxpaying members of the public.

So did you bothered to get the permission to stand on his bank or even touch his side of the river?

Do you have permission from the land owner on the other side of the river to canoe up there?

If a land owner can't have a say in what go's on on his land, what would be the point in him buying it? He might as well do like a lot of you canoeist already do and do as he pleases where ever you pleases.

Maybe as well you live a good way away Andy or next time I fancied a garden party, I might just have invited all my mates round to your garden. Think I would be happy for them to build a fire, trample your plants, get drunk and pee in your pond. Is that not what you and your mates do Andy?

ps. Just got back from Norfolk and had a great week floating around on its hundreds of miles of navigable inland water ways and rivers. Didn't feel the need once to break the law and trespass.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Guest bluedun

bluedun,

From the other side of the penney this is pretty much the mental image I have of coarse fishing England. I can see where there is no room for a canoe.

550297_10201055919785622_1103961722_n.jp

Wow, where does that picture come from? No, coarse fishing isn't that congested in the UK. Actually numbers coarse fishing have declined steeply over the last 30 years.

as I said, it's ok putting up assumption and guestimates that canoeists are causing damage, it's not rocket science to work out that you need facts to back up your statements, have you any, just like the trust? anecdotal just won't do.

You're all non sequiturs and academia aren't you barry. Actually canoe people themselves accept that boats can damage spawning gravels, for instance - a paddle dug in shallow water, inches deep (I'll let you go to the trouble of looking that up). So, no, we don't need long reports and research papers (which in any case I'm sure you wouldn't read) to conclude that canoes do not go well with fishing in shallow streams, although they're not really a problem in large rivers with a bit of give and take.

Not sure why you defend canoes, and just about everything else, against angling. Thought you were a fisherman - not just a commercial fisherman that is.

Wow, where does that picture come from? No, coarse fishing isn't that congested in the UK. Actually numbers coarse fishing have declined steeply over the last 30 years.

You're all non sequiturs and academia aren't you barry. Actually canoe people themselves accept that boats can damage spawning gravels, for instance - a paddle dug in shallow water, inches deep (I'll let you go to the trouble of looking that up). So, no, we don't need long reports and research papers (which in any case I'm sure you wouldn't read) to conclude that canoes do not go well with fishing in shallow streams, although they're not really a problem in large rivers with a bit of give and take.

Not sure why you defend canoes, and just about everything else, against angling. Thought you were a fisherman - not just a commercial fisherman that is.

yup, same old, same old, assumption, personals(swerving I call that) I do have mates who are commercial btw, using non facts produced by you. And as it happens phone was correct in his foto, have you seen some of the brown, muddied ponds that fishomaina have used?

No, can't get away from what you have posted, show us the detail of the decimation carried out by these canoe guys, in particular the 'etc' bit you posted, (exaggeration?) following your digging the proverbial, anecdotal and personals still won't do. Also in particular the damage to the riffels, you will need to show some study of fish stock decimation to back that one up, while discounting the take by say cormorants and or goosander.

Another from you re lower angling take up, the E A claim that they issue more and more licences each year? Where did you get your facts that freshwater angling has actually declined in the last 30 years? Got any facts for that one?

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest bluedun

yup, same old, same old, assumption, personals(swerving I call that) I do have mates who are commercial btw, using non facts produced by you. And as it happens phone was correct in his foto, have you seen some of the brown, muddied ponds that fishomaina have used?

No, can't get away from what you have posted, show us the detail of the decimation carried out by these canoe guys, in particular the 'etc' bit you posted, (exaggeration?) following your digging the proverbial, anecdotal and personals still won't do. Also in particular the damage to the riffels, you will need to show some study of fish stock decimation to back that one up, while discounting the take by say cormorants and or goosander.

Another from you re lower angling take up, the E A claim that they issue more and more licences each year? Where did you get your facts that freshwater angling has actually declined in the last 30 years? Got any facts for that one?

Barry me old mate, you're not interested in evidence or argument, you never have been, so why ask for evidence? When did you ever offer evidence for all your antagonism to the Anglers Trust, the EU, the Govt - in fact everyone and everything it seems. Decimation? Didn't use the word. (Do you know what it means?) If you want evidence, you look it up, though I doubt "facts" have ever troubled your opinions.

Coarse anglers are certainly fewer - club memberships, match attendance. EA licence sales don't go back 30 years. Some of these commercial fisheries have drawn anglers away from clubs, but many have quit. You won't of course find any definitive figures on this, but it's clear enough to anyone who has coarse fished all their life.

Still, why are you interested when you are not a freshwater angler? (An angler at all?) It's a tabloid life Barry.

Edited by bluedun

rubbish reply still. personal and also assumptions used. As well as inaccuracy

Edited by barry luxton

Guest bluedun

All,

Credits - Facebook - Coarse and Match Fishing UK

Phone

I don't use facebook so can't see it. Is it a photo of an event in this country? Never seen anything as ghastly as that, though I have no interest in match fishing these days. Still, you don't see that in general. When I go fishing these days I only see the occasional other angler, or more often no one at all. Most matches these days are attended by only a handful of anglers. Thank heaven for the space I say.

What's the density like in the US? I hear the famous waters of Montana are often pretty busy, though I imagine away from these great fly fishing rivers one has plenty of water to oneself.

Guest bluedun

rubbish reply still. personal and also assumptions used.

Glad you liked it barry. You're an expert there. By the way, how's your old mate bob?