Just got a whip...

TrevBoy

and the elastic has this on the end, inside the top section

mzr7.jpg

The elastic doesnt appear to pull out, blocked I guess by the bulky swivel. But should there be a bung or something else to hold it all it place?

Sorry the pic is a little blurred.

Is that elastic coming out of the thin or thick end of the top joint? If it's the thin end then there should be a bung at the thick end and a tight fitting teflon bush at the thin end.

Is that elastic coming out of the thin or thick end of the top joint? If it's the thin end then there should be a bung at the thick end and a tight fitting teflon bush at the thin end.

That's what I was thinking Mark. It looks like the large swivel acts as a bung, and I assume that it has a connector on the other end.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Looks like the swivel is acting like a bung.

Get rid of it as if you hook a large fish that bottoms out the elastic the swivel may well pull out of the sides of the section or cause it to shatter as the pressure will be divided across the two points of contact made by the eye of the swivel as it will be wider than the barrel.

Replace the swivel with a bung as in the same scenario the bung should spread the pressure equally around the sections circumference.

I hope that makes sense.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I could never find a bung to fit in my top section of my whip and having it in the second pole section (on a telescopic) was an absolute nightmare to pack away without the elastic catching inside.

I used a swivel but had the foresight to see what Rudd was talking about and gently squeezed the side of the eye of the swivel narrower than that of the swivel body so the side should never come in contact with the inner wall of the section :)

Also a little bit of electrical tape around the swivel body for a softer contact and a length of mono when I want to pull the bung out.

So far its working an absolute treat.

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

I could never find a bung to fit in my top section of my whip and having it in the second pole section (on a telescopic) was an absolute nightmare to pack away without the elastic catching inside.

I used a swivel but had the foresight to see what Rudd was talking about and gently squeezed the side of the eye of the swivel narrower than that of the swivel body so the side should never come in contact with the inner wall of the section :)

Also a little bit of electrical tape around the swivel body for a softer contact and a length of mono when I want to pull the bung out.

So far its working an absolute treat.

I have tried a few things and for micro bungs:

DIY store, glues/sealants section, the screw in nossels that have to be cut to profile also make great little bungs!

• Like 1

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!