Tips for Wingham

Anthony78

First of all I'd like to say I'm sorry that I won't be meeting some of you at wingham this year. If you are one of the few that have been turned down then hopefully I will get to meet you next year.

Anyway I have a mountain of kit and as I dont no the lake I was hoping some of the people that have been before may be able to give us first timers some usefull tips.

personally I will be targeting the perch and tench, hoping to beat my pb and if the bream turn up I may just have a go for them too.

So do I take my 2 1/2lb carp rods or my 1 3/4lb avon rods. I will be taking my 13ft float rod for fishing In the day time as I love watching a float when fishing for tench. What line will we be needing and any rigs you found usefull in the past.

It will also be my first night in a bivvie so any usefull pieces of kit you wouldnt be without on a night session. I do alot of camping so have most of the basics.

I am very much looking forward to next weekend and am very thankfull that Steve is giving us the opportunity and thanks to Elton too.

Keep up the good work.

Ant

Effort equals reward!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shall be taking 1 3/4 rods and also a float rod unless you intend to fish for the carp. As for rigs I am only going by what Steve has said and I am keeping things simple as the fish are not tackle shy so no need for complictaed rigs. I shall have basic camping equipment and a bivvy. I would strongly recommend a good sleeping bag as although mild the nights do get cold even when I have fished in the summer, also a head torch would help. The main thing about fishing at night is being organised and having everyting within easy reach and knowing where it is. Hope this helps you a little. I am like you really looking forward to this fish-in, have fished a few mainly on the rivers though.

Paul

Hi paul,

Thanks for the advice, What bait you thinking of taking. I was thinking maybe loads of maggots and worms and maybe some vitalin for the tench with corn on the hook for tench and popped up lob worm for the perch.

Regarding sleeping bags I do have one but am hoping that a mate can get a couple off some squaddy friends of his.

[ 03. June 2005, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: Anthony78 ]

Effort equals reward!!

No I'm seriously talking about fishing and beating tony of the same peg (we are sharing).

I need to know the best baits to use and what rods to bring?

Soozy U:

No I'm seriously talking about fishing and beating tony of the same peg (we are sharing).

I need to know the best baits to use and what rods to bring?

Ah ha so you two got a fishing match on then :D

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Anthony

I am taking the same baits as you aswell as some bread and casters. Same again no need for anything else as it is lightly fished.

Paul

Was thinking of killing my maggots before we go because If its warm I dont think they will keep for too long and If theres a lot of silt/weed about then I want to know that I have bait in the swim at all times. Maybe putting some flavour in may help too.

What do you think?

Effort equals reward!!

Unless you intend fishing for the few carp in the Coarse Lake I'd definitely take the Avon rods. There's very little weed in the Coarse Lake at the moment, but some areas are silty. Both live and dead maggots work very well at Wingham.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net