maggots spilt in car!

Dave H

Damn little buggers must have come out in my motor and it had to be a heatwave didn't it. constant flies coming out of everywhere. It was a week ago. Yesterday i thought that was that the last fly has left the Vehicle at last.

This morning i get in the car and about a dozen of the buggers. how can they still be in there 7 days later.!

Driving me nuts! :crazy:

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

The first time i had it my dog jack was in the car and he was jumping up and down like a dog possessed with rabies. I stopped the car got him out of the car at the park and watched them fly away and locked the car. One hour later i came back and another 3 were in there. I let them out and put the dog in and shot off quick . I just got home in time before another one popped up as i got the dog out.

I am going down the road and let the poles do a velet. that will teach them the Pike ruggermunchers! :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Maggots is nuffink !

I once had peeler crabs escape in the car. They got into those little box girders under the seats, and even squeezed through the gaps where brake and clutch pedals go through the floor. Wherever they got, they stayed there out of sight and out of reach until they died.........

Only very keen anglers travelled with me in that car for a couple of years, and even then when I sold the car I had to find a buyer with a heavy cold :huh:

• Like 1

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I was going on a early morning session on a Saturday a few years ago and the tackle shop does not open until 9AM, I was at school on Friday and my dad was at work until late, so my mum offered to get the maggots for me.

Well I get home and the maggots were in the bait box at the side of the house as per usual. I woke up the next morning and the bait box was gone. So I asked my mum where they wore. She said the bloke in the tackle shop said she had to put them in the fridge because the humidity will cause them to sweat and crawl out.

Yep you guessed it...

A river of maggots fell out of the fridge as I opened the door. They were everywhere!!!

But the stranger thing was that it was somehow my fault!

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and i'm not sure about the universe". (Albert Einstein)

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head, thats assault, not leadership". (Dwight D. Eisenhower)

"Some people claim that marriage interferes with romance. Theres no doubt about it. Anytime you have a romance, your wife is bound to interfere". (Groucho marx)

Damn little buggers must have come out in my motor and it had to be a heatwave didn't it. constant flies coming out of everywhere. It was a week ago. Yesterday i thought that was that the last fly has left the Vehicle at last.

This morning i get in the car and about a dozen of the buggers. how can they still be in there 7 days later.!

Driving me nuts! :crazy:

OMG - good luck with that! Good chance that you'll be seeing them for a while yet. They are little s*ds when it comes to escaping and hiding away.

Our chief weapon is surprise

This weather is like a catch 22. you can open your windows but they breed like.......Well flies!!.

Not sure what else to do in all seriousness i had hardly any maggotts left no more than a handful i was going to dump when i got home. I hate anglers who dump all their remaining baits in the swim...AH!..a good one for room 101 me thinks

Any suggestions it's got to a very irritable driver stage now... :bones:

You could try parking it in the sun and running it with the windows shut and the heating on full whack - cook the buggers, or at least hatch them all out!

Personally, I think I'd flea-bomb the car - it's an aerosol of insecticide that just keeps spraying until it is empty once you click it open.

Vagabond,

When my children were young the filled the back of our less than one year old travel van with starfish and the like from the beach. We spent the rest of the day (10hrs) at Disneyland. Left the next morning to come home.
That would be about 1,500 miles across desert ahd high prairie. Did get a brief break whilst in the mountains. Wife threatened to get out in Denver and fly the last 600 mi. home.

I had to trade the van off as none of the 4 would get in it again.

Phone