Ban drinking whilst angling!

Peter Waller

:rolleyes: , well, that's what some bright spark is suggesting in Angling Times this week! Okay, a ban on loutish behaviour but everyone knows you should have white wine with fish!!

How can anyone enforce it? Will this be a new job for the EA bailiffs?

A couple of bevvies is hardly likely to cause a problem, surely?

Getting totally tanked up, rods left to look after themselves, is not acceptable, I agree. But sat there with a glass of plonk, as the sun sets, is one of the pleasures of angling, I reckon.

Anyone else get AT this week? Great, wasn't it!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week I sat there and watched two guys downing an entire crate of lager and talking/shouting extremely loudly about their infidelity with the local bar maid.

After what must have been 12 beers each and looking very unsteady they packed up, leaving rubbish everywhere, got in their car and DROVE away.

If I'd had my mobile I'd have phoned the police for sure. It's not acceptable to spoil the day of other fishermen by drinking and leaving litter everywhere, never mind the drink driving.

I have enough to carry as it is, I normally put a couple of beers in a coolbag and leave them in the car for when I get back, that does it for me.

It's an unfortunate fact of life that some people are scum and have no hesitation in discarding their rubbish for someone else to clear up.

Tins and bottles should be banned from all fisheries as they are by both major clubs in my area.

If you want to go drinking, then go drinking not fishing.

already got a ban on F.A.S and chucked a bloke off yesterday for being stupid enough to have a can showing when a very visible bailiff came round ,he left no problem when i said it wouldnt go further ,had he argued he would have lost his permit.

i havent a problem with a can or two but please be clever enough to put it in a coke bottle or something or at least in your bag :rolleyes:

the ban was brought in when a few (and i mean a few) anglers were noticed to take their beer crate first to their swim before everything else and proceed to be naughty spoiling it for others .

as useual the few inconsiderate ruin it for the majority :rolleyes:

[ 11. June 2005, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

If you want a drink {alcohol} go to the pub or stay in and enjoy it , don't go upsetting everyone else on the bank , Drink has a lot to answer for and excuses for drinking is becoming

a daily excuse to find a reason , A bottle of wine in the twilight hours ok but don't let

it become a feature on the waterways and bring in rowdiness

Me, rowdy!!?? Naaaaaa, I'd say I was as quiet as a lamb but there are one or two syndicate carpers who, when not watching telly, are partial to sheep!!

[ 12. June 2005, 12:47 AM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

It's very rare when I have drink when fishing (had one last night but that’s the first time in about 2 years whilst on the bank,and that was only two shots of brandy), and personally I can't see anything wrong with it, just as long as you don't get drunk/loud/bother fellow anglers.

It’s the same old story a few mindless idiots spoiling it for everyone else (them mindless idiots been the ***** that leave there rubbish/get rowdy on the bank.

I love to sit behind my rods with a bottle of beer in my hand on a warm summer evening. In the middle of nowhere, peace and quiet with just the sounds of running water and wildlife, watching the sunset. Bliss, life dosn't get much better.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.