Ban drinking whilst angling!

Peter Waller

One of the main reasons that I don't fish weekends, especially friday nights...pissheads everywhere you look..fat beer guts...loud voices....why do they bother to go fishing?

Probably so they can get bladdered and then just fall asleep where they lay.

Not just carpers I know, but they are the worst..and now they are on the wine, probably because it is a lot stronger and helps them to forget whatever it is that they are trying to escape.

Most of them will dissapear from the banks after a few blanks and when the weather cools down a bit...not real anglers at all, just pissheads doing a bit of "macho" camping.

And have you noticed how many of them are divorced or have ugly wives???

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL Poldark, Its the same reason why I fish mainly in midweek. At weekends some waters are ruined by wally anglers(?)fantasising (at the top of their voices) about the size of their fish, their beer capacity, and their pulling power.

You hear of someone in the middle distance claiming to "have had over six forties, including Big Rita twice" and you wonder if the ganja dreamer (you are lucky if your yobbos are only on lager and wine :rolleyes: )is talking carp or middle-aged barmaids.

On a bad day, sizes of things other than fish are discussed, empty can throwing, followed by catapult practice at floating cans comes into play, and even an impromptu skinny dip might take place.

Wives: It was BB who wrote in "Confessions of a Carp Fisher" that most carpers had "lean and nagging wives" which is why they sought peace and solitude. (Norma has just read this over my shoulder - I wonder why she is laughing :confused: )

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

"so i think it shud be banned "

I love a couple of cold ones while fishing, maybe even a bottle of wine, but I can walk to most of my fishing venues, and invariably, I am the only one there...what's the problem?, I don't get loud, don't upset anyone - if I have to drive to a venue, that a different matter of course..

its the usual case, a few idiots spoil it for the responsible ones :mad: :mad: :mad:

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

I like to have a hip flask with me if doing a night, just to wet my lips and warm my belly as i pull the sleeping bag over, but i agree its getting out of control.

Sometimes you walk past a bivvy and think they are using super-hemp, i doubt its dynamite from a can.

A few weeks ago during the daytime, i was on a bank and opposit me there was a pair of idiots putting thier empty beer bottles across the bay they was fishing......... and shooting them with an air gun.

No wonder theres so many syndicates and so few day ticket waters about.

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

Its just a matter of moderation,shame that a small minority seem to spoil it for others,nothing wrong with a cold beer whilst fishing,but if you are one of those who drink by the crate full,stay at home or go to the pub,for obvious reasons!!.I really cant see the point in getting totally ****** whilst fishing,you are endangering yourselves and others who are around you,its totally childish and uncalled for,,and to be honest they should look for another pastime.

"Dont **** in the pool,and then tell me you"ve swallowed some water".

I as a youngster think it should be banned as it spoils it for everyone. A good day out angling can be spoilt easily by loud fishermen/women. once i was fishing with my mate and these lads where there they were 'fishing' but throwin all sorts in the swim. we just left. And with anglers who have had a alot to drink they're more than likely to harm the fish well not respect it as much at least. Would be a good rule but how do you enforce it?

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

You poor sods.

Not one tale about the joys of having a few beers and a damn good laugh WITHOUT disturbing anyone else. I don`t sesh fish without a few beers or some wine, I`m there to relax and if a few drinks do that then so much the better. If the club banned it then I`d move to other waters.

[ 12. June 2005, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: Severn Wolf ]

wolf.gif