pole and nuisance carp

Kappa

if its a club rule can you not nip the barb off with pliers. They break off real easy.

Put them in a packet that says barbless.LOL

John

Edited by John Weddup

If it's a really small water, a couple of weeks concerted effort catching the carp and slinging them up the bank will probably make enough of an impact to allow you to enjoy the roach...

:whistling:

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Kappa,

http://www.mustad.no/catalog/na/products.php?id=12 From here you can also go to the main catalogUe

http://www.tiemco.co.jp/english/products/flyhook/tmcflyhooks_e.pdf just another suggestion

We need a "metals" guy to help out. At coffee I learned you are supposed to heat the bottom of the gape to soften 1X bronze hooks to serve the purpose you are looking for. Without replacing the hook each time they are good for about 5 "straightenings".

As I understand it (and that's not to well so use caution with what I'm saying) At the bottom of the gape in a bronze or 1X wire hook it is not round but rather the sides are squeezed in a little.

One of the guys at coffee (sourcefwiw) says he does it with a wooden match right where the hook is slightly out of round. Another said that a match wasn't enough. Argument was on . I have NO CLUE how to soften the metal at the bottom of the gape but I'm now sure that's what you need.

Maybe Worms is about?

Phone

Fladen used to do a fine wire hook that would exactly meet your spec, they were called Fladen Vantage Pro Match barbless 20 Round Bend Medium shank. Because they were fine wire they always stayed very sharp..

Problem I had last year when restocking was finding they no longer made them in such a thin gauge wire, but I found a few odd packets in the spade version and ordered a number of packets in the * barbed version from Whitby Angling Supplies (75p for packet of 20). On a hard pulling fish they would open but could be closed again so perfect for perch and roach.

They now make them in heavier gauge.....same name which is confusing but packet you want has a barbel on it.

* Barbs crushed down

Edited by Jeffwill